AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply, this still isnt working.

I have the Bridge 2.0 (square) and I decided to but the previous version on the 100 version. I now get this but still no connected message. Still no lights also available in the add light. How do you actually add lights how do you know their id? Should it give you a list of lights you can add that are on your bridge?

In the 200 folder there is no settings file but there Is in the 100 folder. Any ideas at all?

I posted screen shots in: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...atmolight-atmowin.128252/page-39#post-1202897

The bridge received a new firmware update last night - Version 01036659

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    V2 might be troublesome, posted in AtmoHue thread so we don't fill the AtmoLight specific one here :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello guys,

Could someone tell me where does Atmolight plugin store its settings? Is it creating a separate .xml file?

Thanx.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Kotik,

It stores it in the general Mediaportal.xml under its own node:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Mediaportal.xml

Code:
    <section name="atmolight">
    </section>

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Found an annoying issue, I decided yesterday to finally activate my LEDS and watch a movie with them (had the LEDS disabled due to all the madvr testing) and I realised that something is not quite right :(

Deeper digging revealed that if I use madvr as a renderer the leds are getting delayed, it is as if I set a delay of around 100ms in atmolight, the thing is that I got no delay active in atmolight and that when I switch MP to EVR then the LEDS are coming up slightly earlier which is what I expect them to do.

Prior to madvr I always had to use a 30ms delay in atmolight but now it seems that with madvr I really need to input a negative delay of around -100ms :( which as u understand is not possible.

Any idea what could be wrong? I am using AtmoWin and keep in mind that the same setup on EVR is working great.

Thanx in advance.

PS. I can provide u with a great video file that I am using for my tests, it is an RGB color change sequence, with it it is very easy to spot any delays, be it negative or positive delays. Let me know.

PS2. I uploaded the video file that I am using for my tests. U will have to run this file with EVR and madvr and compare the results.

Attachments

• RGB Test Sequence (720p).rar
      8 MB
    Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It can depend on the madVR version + settings sadly as I noticed this in the early days as well, the renderer would be too busy and doesn't push it back to AtmoLight right away (variable delay)

Would first try it with both exclusive on and off in MadVR settings to see if it improves, also DXVA setting in LAV can have some influence over the delay as well.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I tried already different madvr settings and also different DXVA settings, they all give me same results :( LEDS are always lagging.

I noticed that if I use Windows Live mode in atmowin and use madvr then the issue is resolved, but I cannot use this mode since this one doesn't support black bar cropping and as so it is not really usefull. But it does indicate that the issue is in the way atmolight is parsing data from madvr, since windows live is fine with madvr and atmolight is not.

Any ideas as to what else can be done?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tried it here again but using older madVR Mediaportal build (1.16pre-release) which remains in sync both with stock settings and when using NGU + SSIM, however do have a new Atmlight build you could try so attached it here.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.18.5.1.mpe1
      585.1 KB

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thanx, will give it a try and let u know.
    When u say "stock" settings, do u mean EVR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom