AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Nothing changed there recently but believe for the AtmoOrbs they are handled as one LED so can't really rotate and using average color with it still looks off for those type of effects, does it turn on at all with any of the VUmeter effects?

Using Hyperion to fully control them for a while now as it's a bit simpler and faster to control everything as a whole :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

does it turn on at all with any of the VUmeter effects?

Not on my installations - but I know it wasworking in the past. but now idea which versionit was. Butthere are only two effects - VU Meter and VU meter Rainbow. And there is not much in teh log:
    [2016-09-20 21:04:29,552] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - BASS: Creating 2 channel mixer with sample rate of 44100
    [2016-09-20 21:04:29,560] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - BASS: Successfully created BASS Mixer stream
    [2016-09-20 21:04:29,567] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - BASS: Updating Dictionary for GCHandle for stream -1342177279
    [2016-09-20 21:04:29,577] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - BASS: playback started
    [2016-09-20 21:04:29,583] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.OnStarted() \\MEDIADATEN\Music\2pac\Diverse\2pac - All Eyez On Me (Disc 2 Book 2) - 14 - California Love (Short Radio Edit) (Feat. Dr. Dre).mp3 media:Music
    [2016-09-20 21:04:29,599] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - AtmoLight: Music detected.
    [2016-09-20 21:04:29,603] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - AtmoLight: LEDs can be activated.
    [2016-09-20 21:04:29,607] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - AtmoLight: Changing AtmoLight effect to: VUMeterRainbow

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm that's weird, so nothing after changing effect?

Judging by the code it should work as if effect is matched a background thread will keep sending it VU image, could be the recent thread reduction (1.18 and up) so will check further.
    Could you post a AtmoLight settings screenshot (VU meter / effect) so I can duplicate the test case here :) ?

Also could you check the mediaportal error log for mentions of "Error in VUMeterThread.".

// Update

Might have found the issue in our new Queueing system and will post a test build in a sec.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @pur_berger new test build attached which removes some old checks from pre-queueing system, if it works gonna push it to final release as it's about time we had a new version out :)

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.18.6.0_TEST.mpe1
      585.1 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New version pushed to repo and pages updated, not many new features this time around and mainly fixes:

Code:
    Version 1.18.6.0

- Hyperion handler improvements related to priority clearing
    - No longer shows Change Profile option for handlers not supporting it
    - Ambibox now has profile overview in Change profile menu
    - New option AtmoLight configuration to toggle displaying errors while video is playing
    - Refresh rate detection now more reliable
    - Fixed VU meter effects

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi @richardc1983

Please post the following logs so that I can find out which value is causing this:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\Configuration.log
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\Configuration-Error.log

If it happens in the AtmoHue app then post to post a screenshot of the settings used there as most likely there's an unexpected value which doesn't get error checked :)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have just restarted computer and tried it again and not noticing this error now when I click save. Maybe I had to restart

There is a tab under Hue that says General settings - Path and Filename to Atmohue.exe - does this need to be filled in? Because since I have restarted I don't know where to find the atmohue and where its installed?

The atmohue plugin file do I have to save this locally or does it install?

Its still showing as disconnected also under status? Really confused,Do I need hardware other than the hue bridge to be able to use atmolight plugins and atmohue plugins?

Theres talks in some of the other posts that I need atmowin also? I literally have a hue bridge and a room full of iris and bloom hue lamps. Everytime I open the atmohue app there is no ip address in there I have to click search, it doesnt seem to be pairing.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpg
      IMG_6164.jpg
      103.8 KB
    Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is a tab under Hue that says General settings - Path and Filename to Atmohue.exe - does this need to be filled in? Because since I have restarted I don't know where to find the atmohue and where its installed?

Been a while but believe you need to fill that, you point it to where AtmoHue.exe was copied to and it will allow for startup / shutdown of the app :)

Its still showing as disconnected also under status? Really confused,Do I need hardware other than the hue bridge to be able to use atmolight plugins and atmohue plugins?

Connected state is a bit iffy with AtmoHue especially with some firmware releases but the below Status toolbar should be ok voor Hue Bridge V1, you first need to press Locate and Register to Hue Bridge in AtmoHue app where after it will fill in the bridge IP and app key.
    Best to save after that and restart AtmoHue so it connects properly.

Especially with the Hue Bridge V2 is where I ran into issues with auto-detection which I do hope we fixed in the latest AtmoHue release.

Theres talks in some of the other posts that I need atmowin also? I literally have a hue bridge and a room full of iris and bloom hue lamps. Everytime I open the atmohue app there is no ip address in there I have to click search, it doesnt seem to be pairing.

AtmoWin is not needed, that is a different Ambilight system as we support multiple at once or single one like your setup with Hue.
    Depending on which one you enable in AtmoLight (first tab in configuration) that will get used.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom