AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (2 Viewers)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I test v.1.13.0.0 with VU meter yesterday and it works pretty well ! Kudos on this one ! But on my setup, My Vu meter starts at the LED no.06 for the left
    and LED no.95 for the right at the bottom of the tv instead of the bottom of the side.

like this:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 8.56.53 AM.png

Is this normal ?

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I test v.1.13.0.0 with VU meter yesterday and it works pretty well ! Kudos on this one ! But on my setup, My Vu meter starts at the LED no.06 for the left
    and LED no.95 for the right at the bottom of the tv instead of the bottom of the side.

like this:

13 83
    14 84
    15 85
    16|15|14|13|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1|0|102|101|100|99|98|97|96|95|94|93|92|91|90|89|88|87|86

Is this normal ?

Hey,
    thanks for your feedback! :)
    Yeah its normal. This is the bitmap created by AtmoLight
    199823_95092016.png

And AtmoWin of course sees blue on the button left and right. I could lower the width of these segments a bit more. Then leds would start at your system with 12 and 90 or so. But making it too narrow would get us into trouble with people who use a low edge weighting, resulting in not showing anything.
    So there is no perfect solution, just a middle ground ;).

B

BassFan

should start by 0 (first led) and Change from 0 to > high value.
    so your see all available Color from 0 to high Level to

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why are we starting to talk about this in this thread and pn now?
    Lets keep this in one spot please.

@BassFan i dont know what you want to show me with your first picture, its horizontal, while mine is vertical. So in yours it goes from left (blue) to right (red) while mine is bottom (blue) to top (red). Your second picture shows what AtmoLight is doing at the moment.
    Also i have no idea why we are discussing led numbering now.

To make everthing more clear:

vu.png

So, i think that answered the question @kilik360 had.

B

BassFan

see my edit in previous post
    Why are we starting to talk about this in this thread and pn now?
    Oh!
    Ich werde dich nicht mehr mit einer privaten Nachricht belästigen.. Mein Fehler. ;)

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New AmtoLight version (1.14.0.0), hurray! :)

So, this one is quite big, probably the one with the most features added since the beginning.

When AtmoLight was first released it was intended to work with AtmoWin, and this had not changed over the time. Many people have asked for support of other solutions (targets), such as Boblight, or wanted a new plugin for that all together, but it never happend.
    Until today.

The idea and the incentive came from @Rick164. He build a system around a RaspberryPi that is able to capture HDMI signals. But because of some limitations, 24p capture is not supported by this method. So he made a proof of concept AtmoLight version with Hyperion support.
    After some brainstorming, we decided that we wanted to add real support, and not just hack this feature in. So @Rick164 and I started reworking a big portion of the plugin.
    We added an interface to add targets easily and changed the code to allow the user to even use more than just one target at the same time. So for example, you can use AtmoWin and Hue simultaneously.
    We also wrote an example that shows how a new target is added and what all is needed.

With this version we already support the majority of ambilight solutions out there.

Supported:
    - AtmoWin
    - Boblight
    - Hue
    - Hyperion

We also have been working on AmbiBox support. However there is a bug in the current AmbiBox version, which lets it crash sometimes. As soon as this bug is fixed, we will release a new AtmoLight version with AmbiBox support.

Some other noticeable changes:

We added a "MediaPortal Exit" effect. So you can choose which effect should be enabled if you exit MediaPortal. Before you could only choose between LEDs disabled and AtmoWin liveview.

We removed AtmoWin from the AtmoLight installer, as AtmoLight is not AtmoWin dependant any more.

The settings in the Extensions plugin have been updated. Lots of settings had been missing, and all the new ones have been added aswell.

Of course lots of small bug fixes we encountered along the way :).

For some more information on Hue, please look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ips-hue-support-for-atmolight-atmowin.128252/
    And for Hyperion have a look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...project-guide-hyperion-ws2801-ws2812b.128526/

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hue is working well and I can't wait to see ambibox, to support my lightpack.. Great work you guys..

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey guys, using an older version of the plugin and want to switch to Atmowin Liveview when ill start OnlineVideos - Netflix Movie (in Browserhost).
    Is this possible? Didnt found an option.

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom