AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (3 Viewers)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    restart your htpc and reregister atmowin
    That did the tricks, it makes my comodo firewall pops 3 alerts that I approved and it resolves the issue. Weird issue.

thanks guys.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

I am using the following setup:
    • AtmoLight 1.15.1.0
    • MediaPortal 1.11.0
    • AmbiBox 2.1.7
    • Lightpack
    Capturing through MediaPortal (MediaPortal Live Mode) seems to work fine, both in the GUI and when playing Video. However, I can't get VU Meter to work. I have activated VU Meter both for Music and Radio in AtmoLight's settings and I also set the VUMeter mode to "LED" in MediaPortal's settings. But it simply does not work - whenever I start playing Radio for instance, the LEDs just switch off (i.e. it seems to switch from MediaPortal Live Mode to VU Meter mode) and don't display any color.

Is there any additional configuration I have to do?

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm, seems like I was wrong about the capturing working fine in the GUI and when playing videos. Currently the LEDs "flicker". i.e. every few seconds the LEDs go dark for a fraction of a second, before they return to the correct color. It seems like a problem with capturing, not with AmbiBox itself, i.e. AtmoLight is indeed sending 0,0,0 to the AmbiBox server for a fraction of a second when it happens.

I have tried playing around with the capture size and low CPU settings, but nothing had any effect. However, the issue does seem to be influenced by the resolution of the source material. It does not happen when I play non-HD content (e.g. a 640x480 YouTube video, or SD TV), but it happens in the Menu and when playing 720p or 1080p source material. May be it's a problem with insufficient hardware requirements?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'll try to post a log as soon as I can.

Regarding the flickering: I can't be sure of course, but I think it's independent from the output device. It just seems as if AmbiBox is indeed receiving RGB(0,0,0) for all LEDs for that short period of time. Because, if you turn on (or increase) the smoothing within AmbiBox, the flickering is also smoothed out, which means AmbiBox is smoothing the received commands from AtmoLight? Though I don't how AtmoLight works exactly. Does it send the captured 64x64 frame to AmbiBox or does AtmoLight already send RGB values for all designated areas?

In any case, I am pretty much using the default settings within AtmoLight and AmbiBox otherwise. Default or Reduced smoothing in AmbiBox, no Low CPU or Delay Setting in AtmoLight.

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'll try to post a log as soon as I can.

Regarding the flickering: I can't be sure of course, but I think it's independent from the output device. It just seems as if AmbiBox is indeed receiving RGB(0,0,0) for all LEDs for that short period of time. Because, if you turn on (or increase) the smoothing within AmbiBox, the flickering is also smoothed out, which means AmbiBox is smoothing the received commands from AtmoLight? Though I don't how AtmoLight works exactly. Does it send the captured 64x64 frame to AmbiBox or does AtmoLight already send RGB values for all designated areas?

In any case, I am pretty much using the default settings within AtmoLight and AmbiBox otherwise. Default or Reduced smoothing in AmbiBox, no Low CPU or Delay Setting in AtmoLight.
    I see the same as @Spooky.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does it send the captured 64x64 frame to AmbiBox or does AtmoLight already send RGB values for all designated areas?

It "sends" the captured frame, and AmbiBox then has to make rgb values out of it.
    AmbiBox is a bit strange in how it wants these frames delivered. Its done through MemoryFiles.
    So on the AtmoLight side i wait until the MemoryFile has a specific byte set to a specific value, then the file is written and AmbiBox is then opening it again. It might be a synchronization problem. As i said i have to investigate further.

https://github.com/ambilight-4-medi...e/Targets/AmbiBox/AmbiBoxHandler.cs#L201-L236

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have attached the MediaPortal.log where I simply went into Radio and started playing a Radio channel for around 20 seconds. Full log is attached. Here is an excerpt from when AtmoLight changes to VUMeterRainbow and then back to MediaPortalLiveMode when playback stopped (exit was requested):
    Code:
    [2015-04-26 16:45:02,978] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - AtmoLight: Changing AtmoLight effect to: VUMeterRainbow
    [2015-04-26 16:45:04,731] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - tvhome:startplay.  Phase 2 - 1978 ms - Done starting g_Player.Play()
    [2015-04-26 16:45:05,018] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TvNotify:LoadNotifies
    [2015-04-26 16:45:05,246] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TvNotify: 0 notifies
    [2015-04-26 16:45:21,540] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - KeyboardInputPlugin: MapAction thread: 1,MPMain
    [2015-04-26 16:45:22,497] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - KeyboardInputPlugin: MapAction thread: 1,MPMain
    [2015-04-26 16:45:22,908] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myHome.xml' is missing control id 200 (window property: lblDate)
    [2015-04-26 16:45:22,913] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\myHome.xml' is missing control id 201 (window property: lblTime)
    [2015-04-26 16:45:25,335] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: Exit requested
    [2015-04-26 16:45:25,428] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: Stopping FrameMove
    [2015-04-26 16:45:25,430] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - g_Player.OnStopped()
    [2015-04-26 16:45:25,439] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - RadioRecorded:OnPlayRecordingBackStopped Radio C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live2-0.ts.tsbuffer
    [2015-04-26 16:45:25,441] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - RadioRecorded:OnPlayRecordingBackStopped no recording found with filename C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live2-0.ts.tsbuffer
    [2015-04-26 16:45:25,445] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TVHome:turn tv off
    [2015-04-26 16:45:25,823] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - TvRecorded:OnPlayRecordingBackStopped Radio C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live2-0.ts.tsbuffer
    [2015-04-26 16:45:25,824] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - AtmoLight: Changing AtmoLight effect to: MediaPortalLiveMode
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430060112][/DOUBLEPOST]@Lightning303 : I see, yes, could indeed be a synchronisation problem. It feels that way at least. Might also explain why it may happen less often with a lower resolution source. Maybe I should simply buy a Raspberry Pi and control the Lightpack through Hyperion. Might that actually help? ;) Hyperion seems to be a much cleaner solution (from my experience with running Raspberry Pi + RaspBMC/Kodi + Lightpack somewhere else).

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have attached the MediaPortal.log where I simply went into Radio and started playing a Radio channel for around 20 seconds. Full log is attached. Here is an excerpt from when AtmoLight changes to VUMeterRainbow and then back to MediaPortalLiveMode when playback stopped (exit was requested):
    I thought this was in the faqs :/ it isnt :(.
    From this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/atmolight-1-15-1-0-2015-01-12.125633/page-5#post-1086927

Please note that this effect will only work if the BassEngine/BassPlayer is being used.
    What will work:
    Music using BassEngine
    Music using WASAPI
    Webradio using BassEngine
    Webradio using WASAPI

Will not work:
    Any Videos (this effect wont be selectable for video content)
    DVB Radio
    Music using ASIO
    Music using Internal dshow player
    Webradio using ASIO
    Webradio using Internal dshow player

@Lightning303 : I see, yes, could indeed be a synchronisation problem. It feels that way at least. Might also explain why it may happen less often with a lower resolution source. Maybe I should simply buy a Raspberry Pi and control the Lightpack through Hyperion. Might that actually help? ;) Hyperion seems to be a much cleaner solution (from my experience with running Raspberry Pi + RaspBMC/Kodi + Lightpack somewhere else).
    I personally dont think that adding another device is a clean solution, but thats just me :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom