AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have another question regarding the VU Meter: with the default settings, only the bottom LED strips ever light up (in blue), when using VU Meter Rainbow. The top ones always remain dark. Is there any more info on how the VU Meter could be configured differently?

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well yes, but I meant, no matter how low I set the Min DB value, only the bottom 2 rows of LEDs ever lit up and it was always the min hue, I never saw other colours. Though may be I just didn't set it low enough?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, what values do you use? Which did you try? What kind of music? I really need more information.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I set the min DB once to -40, min hue to 0.33 (somewhere in the green area), max hue at default 0.9xxx.

How would VU Meter work in principle? Does it change the number of LEDs according to amplitude and the colour according to frequency? Or the other way around?

Music was Radio (FM4), so there was a mixture of electronic, rock and speech.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How would VU Meter work in principle? Does it change the number of LEDs according to amplitude and the colour according to frequency? Or the other way around?
    Please read the post i already linked to.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/atmolight-1-15-1-0-2015-01-12.125633/page-5#post-1086927

Music was Radio (FM4), so there was a mixture of electronic, rock and speech.
    So, this was webradio? With which plugin can i also tune to that channel to see myself? Please also try disabling AmbiBoxes smoothing.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm, yes, seems like I would have to reduce the min dB value even more, I'll try that next time.

So, this was webradio? With which plugin can i also tune to that channel to see myself? Please also try disabling AmbiBoxes smoothing.
    Yes, Webradio. I added the channel manually in the TV Server.
    URL: http://mp3stream1.apasf.apa.at:8000
    Bitrate: 160 kbps
    Smoothing was already disabled during testing.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey everyone,
    we got a new version for you guys, or to be exact, we have 2 new versions.

Today MediaPortal 1.12 pre was released, and with this update, old AtmoLight versions will not work anymore. This is due to some changes within MP. After we added the GUI/Menu capture code to MP 1.11 pre, @popy noted that there were inconsistencies in which frames were being used. For example, if you watch a movie and then minimize it (pressing back button) the movie frames were still being used, even though the GUI was seen on screen. To fix this and to keep the option to use the "wrong" behaviour some changes had to be made, and @popy worked these out and provided patches for both MP and AtmoLight.

So, because of this we have 2 updates today. Both have the same fixes and improvements, however one is compatible to the old versions and one to the new versions of MediaPortal.

If you use MP 1.11 or older please install 1.16.0.0
    If you use MP 1.12 pre or newer please install 1.16.1.12

Some of the other changes:

We added the feature to detect if the MP screensaver is active, and if so, to disable the leds. You can find this option in the setup form.

AtmoHue connection and communication has been improved.

The blackbar detection has been improved with some more options. You can now enable or disable vertical aswell as horizontal scans. And you can select if you want top and bottom, aswell as left and right scanning be linked together. So that it will always "cut" the same amount of pixel in both these areas or be independant.
    Also we added the possibility to manually tell AtmoLight which aspect ratio a video is using to avoid wrong detections. This may be very usefull in dark movies. You can find the manual profiles in the context menu.
    A big thanks to @Kotik for suggesting these, testing and giving feedback.

Also the delay feature has been fixed, there was a bug that it wouldnt start in all cases.

@Spooky, i just saw your last reply, i totally forgot, im sorry :(. I will test this within the next few days!

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You and Rick are my heroes :) Setting up ambilight on my TV was the best thing I have done in ages. I don't think I could ever go back to plain old TV. Thanks very much for the update. EDIT: and of course Popy!

I can't find the 1.11 new version. The download link in latest post is 1.12 and the google project download page doesn't contain either unless I am being stupid.

Thanks

EDIT 2: I found the two versions in extensions installer, but when I go to install MP1.11 version, it asks to uninstall my old version, I say yes but then I see this error message immediately before the uninstall begins "Error in script: Invalid Type Name". I can hit OK and it seems to continue OK.

Also, curious if it is possible to have Atmolight automatically aware of 3D SBS playback and switch back and forth like Auto 3D does?

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also, curious if it is possible to have Atmolight automatically aware of 3D SBS playback and switch back and forth like Auto 3D does?

Not at the moment, would have to check how Auto3D does it. Not quite sure if it would be possible to use the Auto3D assests and still keep everything working for everybody not having Auto3D installed or if we would have to add our own code for that. But i might look into this in a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom