AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (2 Viewers)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Oh man, The window was hiding the hypercon config button! It was filling my laptop screen so never even thought to maximize it haha.

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    I am facing problems with version 1.18.0.0. After starting a video/TV LEDs just flicker for one second and then it's dark again.
    Version 1.17.0.0 works like a charm though.
    Set-up: Sedu Board with Atmowin

Please find logs attached. Could you please have a look?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    According to the logs it detected the madVR renderer (by its setting) which is odd if it works with 1.17.0.0 as that didn't have support for it, are you using any custom Mediaportal builds (or used one in the past)?
    If this was the case attached new build which has an additional check to handle this and should sort it out :)

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.18.0.1.mpe1
      1.5 MB
    Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached is the AtmoLight 1.8.1.0 PreRelease, this includes the below changes and still needs some more testing as there's some core rework involved so expect it to be released as final in 2 weeks or so depending on if we find bugs of course.

Version 1.18.1.0 PreRelease
    • Frames are now queued into 1 worker, this has benefits to performance and resources as we no longer stack frames in case a device is too slow or irresponsive (mostly AmbiBox) and process them at the speed the device can handle them
    • Delay handling has been improved and merged into the new queue solution resulting in cleaner code and less threads running in background, with this rework it will also fix a bug where it could eventually run out of sync with the video
    • Further AmbiBox improvements, thanks @kenwonders for testing!
    • Hue now has a new option in its designated configuration target tab to disable theater mode for specific effects (currently VU only) as requested by @zekaja
    • Hue theater can now be toggled on / off from the AtmoLight context menu, this setting is non-persistent so is restored to original after each Mediaportal restart
    • Improved madVR check to handle rare case where it could switch to internal DirectX capture incorrectly
    • Additional UI translations for DE / FR / NL will be added on final release.

That's about it for the next release but if I missed a feature or mentioned bugfix please let me know :) , as always please test it out and report any bugs you find.
    We didn't do pre-releases before only a few test builds here and there but thought this was a good idea so we get more feedback before the final release.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.18.1.0_PreRelease.mpe1
      1.5 MB
    Last edited:

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    According to the logs it detected the madVR renderer (by its setting) which is odd if it works with 1.17.0.0 as that didn't have support for it, are you using any custom Mediaportal builds (or used one in the past)?
    If this was the case attached new build which has an additional check to handle this and should sort it out :)

Hi Rick164

Thanks for the fast help. You exactly described what I did. I tested the madVR build from Sebastiii, rolled back to standard, but did not change to EVR in the configuration upfront.

Version "AtmoLight_1.18.0.1.mpe1" fixed the issue!

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Rick164 This is very nice, though it turns off the Hue ligts when you stop listing to music. I can also only get the green color out of VU meter rainbow and Vu meter. But except that it works(y)

Also it seems these last two updates have improved Ambibox a whole lot, thats amazing....

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah @kenwonders helped alot with debugging the remaining issues and finally decided to include the new queue code so among other things that doesn't flood the AmbiBox API anymore, there is still something we can't solve with AmbiBox and that's the frame timing as it can fluctuate (which AtmoLight can't correct).
    Will add a check if VUmeter has stopped to resume last state like with video if the the option for VUmeter was unchecked in the Hue config :)

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice...

Overall ambibox is working very very well, and with a good distance from the TV to the wall, then your eyes aren't that sensitive to the small changes...

Sendt fra min HTC One_M8 med Tapatalk

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am having issues with latest version of madvr build and the latest version of atmolight plugin. LEDS are not turning on at all and i am getting lots of dropped frames in madvr stats.
    If i turn off LEDS from context menu then dropped frames stop and video is smooth, in both cases (leds on or off from context menu) the actual LEDS remain off all the time. Please help.

I tried both DX11 mode and D3D9 in madvr nothing helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom