ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (1 Viewer)

wduembeg

Portal Member
June 21, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The DVBView supports QAM in windows, as I posted earlier the channels it found from Cable. And I am able to watch them in the DVBView application in Windows. I saw the BDA driver for my Card AirStar HD5000, it was beta but that is not the driver I installed. I installed the regular driver which didn't say anything about BDA nor was bata. TVEngine does detect my card as "ATSC B2C2 MPEG-2" Source.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    The Divco software supportsd QAM in windows too. But it also uses proprietary drivers for that, as I'm sure your DVBView does as well. QAM in NorthAmerica does not seem to work in the Windows BDA driver stack, which is what MP and most other front-ends rely on.

I think Dman is working on something QAM related, but the problem is there is nobody to test it. We need someone to test.

I'm back around after a long hiatus and will be doing what I can (from a testing standpoint) to get the TV server engine to work with a HDHomerun as that is the only ATSC card I have these days.

wduembeg

Portal Member
    June 21, 2007
    Home Country
    As posted before I have the "ATSC B2C2 MPEG-2", I can also do some testing and debuging. So if some-one is developing QAM drivers/support and whats to test something. Just ask.

- Wilhelm

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As posted before I have the "ATSC B2C2 MPEG-2", I can also do some testing and debuging. So if some-one is developing QAM drivers/support and whats to test something. Just ask.

- Wilhelm

The only SDK we have for ATSC QAM is from Hauppauge.
    So theoretically we could try with that first but it requires a leap of faith - to buy & test that card once implemented.
    Either that or a talented North America based DirectShow guru to step up.

DMAN

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    ...I'm back around after a long hiatus and will be doing what I can (from a testing standpoint) to get the TV server engine to work with a HDHomerun as that is the only ATSC card I have these days.

Comm - You used to have a couple of other digital TV Tuner cards, before you left. Does this mean you think HDHomerun is the best one to used in NorthAmerica?

DNA

August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi, I'm having a problem with my AverTVHD MCE A180 Card not being recognized when I try to add it. I looked around the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file and found the correct entry (actually it seemed like it was duplicated for the dev_7133 model card) and the devid information matches what I see in device manager so I can't figure why Media Portal can't find the card. Do I need to install more than just the AverTVHD drivers to have this card recognized? This is the only TV card in the system so there aren't any analog cards to worry about. Any hints would be great!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    ...I'm back around after a long hiatus and will be doing what I can (from a testing standpoint) to get the TV server engine to work with a HDHomerun as that is the only ATSC card I have these days.

Comm - You used to have a couple of other digital TV Tuner cards, before you left. Does this mean you think HDHomerun is the best one to used in NorthAmerica?

Anyone else in North America using HDHomeRun?

Does it seem to give better tuning capability than the TVCards available now?

Lastly, does purchasing multiple units allow multiple station/program recording?

DNA

August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi, I'm having a problem with my AverTVHD MCE A180 Card not being recognized when I try to add it. I looked around the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file and found the correct entry (actually it seemed like it was duplicated for the dev_7133 model card) and the devid information matches what I see in device manager so I can't figure why Media Portal can't find the card. Do I need to install more than just the AverTVHD drivers to have this card recognized? This is the only TV card in the system so there aren't any analog cards to worry about. Any hints would be great!

Nevermind, after editing CaptureCardDefinitions.xml to reflect the new names for the Tuner and Captuer filters it recognized the card. Here's the updated entry:

<capturecard commercialname="AverMedia AVerTVHD MCE A180" capturename="AVerMedia BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_10441461&amp;rev_d1">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft ATSC Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="AVerMedia BDA ATSC Tuner" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="AVerMedia BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

Hope that helps someone else. This is using the latest drivers (3.5.0.56) for the AverTVHD 180.

Of course, running Autoscan has just crashed the Mediaportal Configuration after a few channels so all is still not well. Any hints?

whurlston

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Anyone else in North America using HDHomeRun?

Does it seem to give better tuning capability than the TVCards available now?

Lastly, does purchasing multiple units allow multiple station/program recording?
    I'm using it but not actually with MP. The tuning is supposed to be slightly better than the 5th Gen LG tuners.

Each unit is a dual tuner so you can record/view 2 stations/programs per unit.

I posted an update for the TvBusinessLayer.dll for to fix a QAM scan issue with it. I also included a rebuild I did of SetupTv.exe where the scan results are more ATSC friendly.

I don't have a "QAM" card to test it with (MP sees the HDHomeRun as an ATSC card) but it should work ok.

See: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=173246&postcount=14

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom