[confirm] AuDio : .Cue + flac File, track are not showed in Title view (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nice finding, guys. Problems described in first post 4 years ago still exists. :D
    Maybe I'll find the time to get my own hands on it in next 4 years. :D

But as I read it, problem in first post is expected behaviour. If there is a different problem, it is better to start a new thread.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @elliottmc unfortunately, yes. Folder and cue scanning logic are not so advanced :(

Well, where there are duplicate files (which is effectively what this is) how does MP know whether it is correct to ignore one? If this was 'fixed' we would get someone claiming that their file was ignored because of the bad logic.

The solution is simple enough. Move one of the files to a different folder! Sorry to be blunt, but it isn't so hard to organise media in a way that MP 'likes'.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have to disagree here. Sometimes "bad" cue is needed to restore original full image as I remember. And since often you have two cue (original and actual) and sometimes playlist too MP logic should choose the right one after subfolder scan. In my case tracks got duplicated in playlist. It will be ok if MP showed dialog about bad cue and closed it in several seconds. But dialogs are GUIDialogOK for closing which you have to click OK instead of using GUIDialogNotify which is closing in 5 sec. So during listening music I got tons of dialogs and I have to click, click, click. If it's hard to change logic naybe we could change dialog type at least?

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So what to do? Delete .Cue from daemontools section and add it to the music section?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    So what to do? Delete .Cue from daemontools section and add it to the music section?
    i think no,
    but you can try. i think scan don't save the cue index to DB, for the flac file or other extension using cue file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom