Audio is missing on some recordings (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    A litle update, tested analog recs using .mpg here now & it seems like none of the 3 i made in the same time has playable audio in either MP or WMP. Only way to play so far is with VLC, so stick with the .ts for now ;)

Regards
    Roy

KRA

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have the same problem, I'm actually trying to gather information right now, deleting the log files, then schedule recordings to see what happens.

To summerize, I've only had problems when 2 tuners where recording at the same time, and it has allways been recording #2 that fail (ie no sound recorded). Also watching (timeshifting) one channel, and then some recording started on a second channel would also result in same problem. So basically I've only experienced the problems when 2 tuners work at the same time.

So far it seems that the problem is not related to the card, it happens on both the hvr4000 and the floppydtv dvb-s.

At first I though it was a .ts problem, because I had problems recording one channel and viewing another when both where recording .ts - so I changed one card to .mpg, and I was able to record one channel and view another channel. So I continued with this setup, and it was working fine for several days, then suddenly the problem was back.

Right now I'm recording one encrypted channel, and one fta channel to see what happens. If it fail, I will provide logs and system setup.

EDIT, also I would like to point out that I had the same problem with 0.2.3 SVN 17897, wich I was using before I upgraded to RC1

EDIT2, first test resulted in sound on both channels, deleting log, and trying again....

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    When we switch to .ts this it's not a problem, it only affect .mpg recordings..

Regards
    Roy

KRA

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm unable to reproduce the problem right now, so I'm giving up now to see for a couple more days if the problem comes back. But during my "debuging" I noticed something else, something that might be the reason why I though there was a .ts problem when recording 2 channels at the same time.

It seems that MP sometimes ignore the CAM LIMIT, because I remember a while back I tried changing the cam limit to 2, the problems I was experiencing recently with 2 channels at the same time was the same as I had when I tried to set the cam limit to 2. That is garbled video and audio on stream #2.

And during my testing now, I noticed that the tv-server was using the same card to display 2 channels, even though I have the cam limit set to 1 for alle cards. However I can't reproduce this either after clearing the logs. Don't know if this is related though, but it's the reason I changed from .ts to .mpeg

I also noticed the last recording I had without sound was .mpeg

EDIT:
    I was able to reproduce the cam limit issue, but only in extreme limited parameters. I disabled one of my cards, so I only had one dvb-s card available. Then I was able to record NRK2 and Timeshift NRK3 on only one card. However that was the only combo, I was not able to record NRK2 and timeshift NRK1, even though all 3channels are on the same transponder. Maybe NRK2/3 has the same decryption key or something, I don't know...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Second mpg always mute here, if you have other bugs like cam limit etc start a new thread for each case with logs @ system specs(if there isn't any other threads that cover the same bug of course).

Regards
    Roy

longfors

Portal Member
    April 17, 2008
    Hi again,

Are you still working on this bug ? Can't find this bug on your roadmap ?

longfors

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,

Just to add a bit more, when recording in MPEG (.mpg), I get sound in SD but not HD.

This has been a problem with the DVICO software as well. Their latest software only allows recording in .tp.

This is from their website,

5. The Native MPG function was removed.
    - To use the digital MPEG format, please refer to below link.
    [ How to use the Digital MPEG ]

I can send log files if you wish.

It would be good to have an icon, specific to MediaPortal, for your .ts files.

I have two computers, one based on a HP t250a, which I am contemplating upgrading , and a brand new, well it was 6 - 8 weeks ago, HTPC. I have MediaPortal 1.0 RC1 software in the HP t250a, and use this computer for compatability, acceptance testing, and general use. I have MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 in my HTPC.

Computer 1, the innards of a HP Pavilion t250a, inserted into a Coolermaster 690 chassis.

One of the reasons I did this, besides future development, is that my PC is in an enclosed cupboard, complete with extractor fan, but in the original HP enclosure, ran quite hot.

The system is a 2.6 Hyperthreading P4 CPU and 1 GB of ram running Windows XP, Service Pack 2. I have added SATA drives, the Mobo even though 2000 vintage had two 1.5 SATA connections, an ASUS Nvidia GeForce 7600GS Graphics Card, an add on card that has two SATA connections and two E SATA connections and a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme sound card plus the Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, black pcb card.

Computer 2, HTPC, an ANTEC Fusion HTPC Silver case using;

Windows XP with Service Pack 2

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD780G 5200HT DDR2 VGA PCIE2.0 RAID GbLAN 1394

AMD Athlon™ 64 5200+AM2 Processor Retail Dual Core AM2

DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC6400 800Mhz Blue Heatspreader 4-4-4-12 G.Skill

Asus EN8500GT Silent Magic 512MB DDR2 666MHz PCIEx16 VGA HDTV DVI-I Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card PCI Express

Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, green pcb card, Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus, and MediaPortal 0.2.3.0.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom