audio not synced, stutter problems when refreshrate is 24hz (2 Viewers)

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New logs.. this time I switched MP to English...

I actually was able to get to the basic home screen with the green MS button when the DVD stopped playing (50hz PAL DVD playing on a 24hz screen). But when going back to the movie and skipping a bit forward and backward the program froze again. Please check the logs, this time in English I hope. :D

Just a small note... video freezes first, the sound about 1 to 2 seconds later.

Just to be sure I did the same when having the TV switched to 60hz and 30hz. Played the PAL DVD 50hz. No problems occur. Plays fine and in sync. Skipping chapters and stepping forward and backward is very smooth.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Getting a little paranoid here...

I set 25hz instead of 24hz in configuration when a 24hz frequency is wanted. Not much difference when playing the movies. Out of sync, sometimes they seem in sync when HTPC isn't doing much.

Then I went to 60hz... fullscreen. Bluray remuxes 1080p play perfectly... not all though. They even do not stutter. What is strange, since this it the reason the frequency rate changer was invented in the first place.

1080p MKV files play fine also in 60hz.. while they are 24hz videos... most of the time though. Sometimes they are out of sync. Stopping them and start them again mostly fixes the out of sync issue.

Guess it is time to get some sleep to test another evening.

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Found this thread when searching for this issue.

My HTPC connected to a samsung LCD, running 24p material at 720p 48hz works well. Haven't tried 24hz on that display

When I connected the same HTPC to my projector (Epson TW2800) I set the display at 1080p 24hz and the 24hz mkv movies starts out well but goes out of sync worse and worse during the movie. If I play back the same movie at 48hz or 50hz everything works fine. But my projector don't like 48hz so the video stutters once every other second.

By the way, I use refreah rate control and dc.exe to change the refresh rates. Haven't tried setting the refresh rate before starting MP.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Bought and installed coreavd1.9 and did some testing again. Also installed the subtitle engine of MPC to test.

Band.Of.Brothers.2001.E01.Currahee.1080p.HDDVD.x26 4-hV.mkv
    Now uses CoreAVC and MPA for sound

24hz
    In MP EVR average framespeed 0.00
    - way out of sync, it seems to take a short time before the video starts playing. Stays out of sync.

60hz
    - video shows up immediately. Out of sync when stepping forward or backward. Video seems to speed up (just after stepping with remote) to catch up with the sound within about 2 seconds... then, it's in sync.

El Maquinista (The Machinist) 1280x720 23.98fps.mkv
    Uses CoreAVC and MPA for sound. MPC subtitle engine is used for the subs! This one is with subs

24hz
    - way out of sync, it seems to take a short time before the video starts playing. Stays out of sync. Sometimes it gets in sync by stopping it, waiting a moment and then starting it when the HTPC isn't doing much.
    - subs are in sync with the sound

60hz
    - video shows up immediately. Out of sync when stepping forward or backward. Video seems to speed up (just after stepping with remote) to catch up with the sound within about 2 seconds... then, it's in sync.
    - subs are in sync

2 days in the valley vid 656x272 23.98fps 728Kbps.avi
    Uses FFDshow + MPA

24hz and 60hz
    In MP, EVR average framespeed 0.00
    - in sync, even after stepping forward and backward a lot of times.

Also tried a remuxed M2TS file of a Bluray. Plays fine. It uses MPC and MPA for video and sound. Subs aren't displayed. Before i installed coreavc and the subs engine for MP, I got this MKX error message when starting M2TS files. Normally I had to OK this message and the movie started playing. This error seems to be gone now... :mad:

As it seems... using 60hz and the mentioned codecs leaves me only with one file that is not playing in sync. In 24hz mode the problems remain. Especially MKV files are way out of sync in 24hz mode. This occurs more often with 1080P material then with 720P material.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I am still having the problem with the latest svn. I have tried ffdshow and ac3filter using reclock and DS as output. Does anyone know how to use graphedit in vista x64? I cant seem to have it connect.

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    is this 24hz audio sync problem still not listed as a bug?

lately I have been watching movies inside windows media player instead of mediaportal... works flawless...
    will not go back to 60hz with pulldown when i bought 24p capable hardware!

if only vmr9 would work with ati, as i dont think there is any av sync issues with it....

is it possible to use external player seamless with mediaportal?

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I was about to consider putting vista 64 on my htpc ... still using XP.
    But I guess this will put me off, hehe.

Maybe the issue lies burried in : EVRCustomePresenter.cpp (dshowhelper.dll)

UINT CALLBACK SchedulerThread(void* param)

//wait for a maximum of 20 ms (less than one frame when frame rate is 50fps)
    #define MAX_WAIT (20)

Otherwise I have no idea.

/gibman

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Does anyone know how to use graphedit in vista x64? I cant seem to have it connect.

Hi there

I do not have Vista x64, but can you try Question S6 on my FAQ page and let us know if it works?

I understand how to use graphedit, that is not the problem. The issue is that for some reason it will not connect to the running graph in Vista x64.

Also I hope this is listed as a bug in MP! It is a real issue and the only reason I think we don't have more people screaming is a lack of capable hardware and/or knowledge.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I understand how to use graphedit, that is not the problem. The issue is that for some reason it will not connect to the running graph in Vista x64.

I have updated that FAQ question with missing information. Still not sure about the Vista x64 bit, but please give feedback again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom