audio not synced, stutter problems when refreshrate is 24hz (1 Viewer)

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just for information. i have the same problems:

V-Server Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrom
    Windows Version: Windows VISTA all updates (32bit Home Premium)
    CPU Type: Intel E5200
    HDD: WD Green 1TB
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM DS2H
    Video Card: Onboard nvidia 9400
    Video Card Driver: tried several (at the moment latest beta for CUDA)
    Sound Card: Integrated (tried HDMI out and SPIDF) -> passthrough to my receiver
    Sound Card AC3: Integrated
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: tried AC3Filter, Spidfer, ffdshow audio
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC also tried with ffdshow
    TV Card: skystar hd2
    Renderer: EVR

in mpc everything is working fine.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Posted in RC3 forum post by accident first. Here is the info:

Im having the same issues with 24hz playback. I am using AC3 filter as the decoder and have tried directsound and reclock and both exhibited the lag. It seems to trail the video slightly. I have been using AC3 filter instead of ffdshow audio because it has caused a slight stutter in 1080p material. I will do further testing with ffaudio but would appreciate people still looking into this issue.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please post a small part of the movies your having problems with so the developers can try to find this bug. I actually deleted all 24hz material and only went for the DVDs (PAL) I already had.

I have remuxed the only blu-ray I have to a 23Gb m2ts file. It plays fine but with the same out of sync problems in MP after I click on some error message about some decoder that can not be found (probably HD sound or something, it doesn't actually say what decoder). It play's fine in MPC.

someone has any idea how I can make a small example to post here?

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I will try to get some sample up tonight. The sync issue is not horrible but is noticeable. I will need to figure out how to to trim a portion of video without modifying anything.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    I've this problem too... I've a big CPU usage... sometime to 100% too with all 24p video (simply divx, too) and obviously when 100% is reached a frame is dropped :eek:

The same movie works with 30% cpu usage with Windows Mediaplayer :mad:

My system is a Athlon X2 3600+ (only a core used... in reality :oops:) with NVIDIA 6150 integrated GPU...

I'm using MPC as codec, fddshow for video postprocessing and for audio decoding...

With 25 or 29.97 files all is OK... there is really something broken in 24 fps playing :mad:

fanoI

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    I've changed the refresh of my screen to 25 Hz and using Reclock to change the slow up the audio the CPU usage is slower :eek:

It's pity that this solution is unacceptable I've bought a 24p display and now Mediaportal is broken at 24 Hz and I MUST use 25 Hz :mad:???

I hope this will fixed soon...

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please post some example videos (about 90 Mb or so) which show the behaviour for the developers. I myself cannot rely on my HTPC at the moment due to other problems... So I cannot verify and post the examples myself.

LeKouz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Got that same problem too. audio not synced and stutter problems.
    My HTPC is connected via a HDMI-cable to my LCD-TV.
    Now I had the idea to use the VGA-input of the tv. I thought, that something could be wrong with the HDMI-signal.
    I changed the cable and it seems to work. I had only a "natural 24hz stuttering", audio was sync every time I jumped forward or backward. :)
    I tested a few movies and everything was better than before. VGA was better than HDMI. Don't know why.
    Resolution is the same => 1920x1080. But here I used 60hz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom