audio not synced, stutter problems when refreshrate is 24hz (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Everyone who is seeing the issue, check the CPU usage when playing the files that are having the sync issue. If you are getting near 50% CPU usage on dual core system (or 100% CPU on single core system) then this is most likely a performance related issue after all. No clue how 24Hz will trigger it, but when you have CPU hitting the limits there will be sync issues as audio / video cannot be rendered anymore on their correct timestamps (same issue can be seen with underpowered CPU/GPU with other video player software as well).
    But why is the same file playing fine in 60hz... there should be performance issues then as wel?

well, not according to fanoI. Please check the CPU usage with different files / Hz. The "performance issue" could be caused by some bad code in MP itself.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    And is fine at 50 Hz, too (whit Reclock speeding up the audio to be in sync)!

Tonight I'll try the same file in my Sony Monitor at 72 Hz (my Sony TV accept 24p only!) and see if the problem is always present or there is a problem only at 24 Hz.

fanoI

P.S. I don't have tried to play at 60 Hz but I suspect that the CPU usage will be normal in this case, as Snader says... the problem is at 24 Hz!

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Everyone who is seeing the issue, check the CPU usage when playing the files that are having the sync issue. If you are getting near 50% CPU usage on dual core system (or 100% CPU on single core system) then this is most likely a performance related issue after all. No clue how 24Hz will trigger it, but when you have CPU hitting the limits there will be sync issues as audio / video cannot be rendered anymore on their correct timestamps (same issue can be seen with underpowered CPU/GPU with other video player software as well).
    But why is the same file playing fine in 60hz... there should be performance issues then as wel?

well, not according to fanoI. Please check the CPU usage with different files / Hz. The "performance issue" could be caused by some bad code in MP itself.

i have a quad core intel 3.0ghz and the cpu is no way near 30% on any of the cores, still getting the AV sync problem though

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tonight I'll try the same file in my Sony Monitor at 72 Hz (my Sony TV accept 24p only!) and see if the problem is always present or there is a problem only at 24 Hz.

Tested the sample clip with 72 Hz & 75 Hz. Both generate the similar CPU usage.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    About the EVR showing 0.0 fps as average -> it is just information to user (not implemented currently on the EVR code in MP). It shouldn't affect the playback itself in anyway.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Anyone who is having issue with the audio sync, try all available audio renderes in MP config and please report back the findings.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    anvandarnamn strange that you have sinc issues and not great CPU usage... maybe is not this the problem?
    Is my PC crazy to go at 100% when a movie has 24p refresh rate?

Tourettes normally I'm using reclock I've tried the others renders:

- Default directsound: 90% - 100 %
    - Default waveout: 93 - 100 % (low audio quality with echo, too!)
    - Directsound kx... 0/1 100%
    - Directsound kx... 4/5 100%
    - Directsound kx... 6/7 100% (no sound :eek:)
    - Directsound kx... 8/9 100% (no sound :eek:)
    - Kx Waveout 4/5 100 % (no echo... that is different from "default"!)
    - Kx Waveout 6/7 for a little time 70% then jumps at 100 % forever... no sound is playing :(
    - Kx Waveout 6/7 same as above!

So the conclusion is, in my case, the audio render don't seems the cause of high CPU usage... the Reclock usage is a little more but Reclock resample audio and so it's right ;)
    As you can see the high CPU usage is present when no audio is playing, too (maybe in reality is playing but on the "wrong" output channel?).

I've tried the 72 Hz on my Monitor and... surprise CPU usage is right 20% to 40% :eek::eek::eek:
    So is a problem at 24 Hz only?
    Is the problem that the monitor is primary and the TV secondary?
    Is the resizing at 1080p (but it is not the GPU to do this?) and... well if it was why only at 24p is a problem???

Very strange problem...

fanoI

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Same problem vocal delay

I don't know if I have the same problem, but I was finding on some random 24hz movies, the vocals would get delayed as you progress through the movie.

If you skip forward 3 or 4 chapters , the synch delay would be very noticeable and highly annoying.

I got rid of this problem (strangely) by changing over to COREAVC as my 264 video renderer as opposed to MPC Video Decoder.

Strangely, for me anyway, it was changing the video renderer and not the audio renderer that solved this for me.

Can anyone confirm if this fixes their problem with audio synch?

Woodzmeister

Portal Member
    April 10, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Am getting same issue with ATI HD4550 and VMR9. Haven't had a chance to play around with audio renderers to see CPU percentage. Use re-clock and 25Hz to workaround it but a fix would be much appreciated.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Soameone has already tried the new MP version (1.0.1)?

If this bug is not solved, I fear I've to try the external player way... this bug is too big... and it seems it will not be resolved forever :mad:

But I think the external player doesn't work well (I lose the start from last position for example!)... I would prefer to avoid this :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom