Audio pops/clicks only during Ch4 News and Weather (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Well, it's equally unlikely that a MediaPortal bug would only affect one program on one channel.

It is much more likely to be MP bug if only a specific channel is affected. If there is some issue with the signal / tv card at least all of the channels that are on the same mux should be affected (in most cases all the muxes are affected). When some specific channel is affected then the stream is proably containing something that trips the TsReader (or video decoder, but it is less likely).

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just wanted to clarify I'm currently using my "Spare HTPC" system exclusively as I test it for my brother, so please refer to the System Specs for that and not my "Main HTPC" system if you need to know what I'm running.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for testing the file. How would I check the video format of the broadcast?
    It should be sufficient to post a TsReader with timeshifting of ch 4 at the "normal" time for this program.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Doveman,

I can confirm that I heard some clicks on playback of the file, and also a slight vertical jump of the picture too.

I can confirm the same, i have only try in graphstudio with tsreader and lav splitter and with different audio/video codec.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Thanks for testing the file. How would I check the video format of the broadcast?
    It should be sufficient to post a TsReader with timeshifting of ch 4 at the "normal" time for this program.

Isn't that what was in the first post ?

However

Code:
    02-07-2012 21:00:19.300 [434]----- Experimental noStopMod version -----
    02-07-2012 21:00:19.301 [434]---------- v0.0.59c XXX -------------------

This version should be okay, but is clearly not the official release one, so at least you should highlight the fact that you are using it.

Since 1.3.0Alpha has a number of TsReader fixes, perhaps you should wait until it is released before worrying too much about this issue.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Mark

Yep, I've seen that... but I meant for Ch 4 (as opposed to Ch 4+1). My assumption at present is that this is not an MP issue - I think it would be quite unusual for TsWriter to be having that kind of effect, at least with the video bumps. The method of production for 4+1 could be causing this... although if no other shows are affected then it could even be the production for the specific show (ie. camera native formats, storage mechanism). It will be interesting to hear results from the folks who are going to watch this live on Ch 4 and/or 4+1...

mm

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi Mark

Yep, I've seen that... but I meant for Ch 4 (as opposed to Ch 4+1). My assumption at present is that this is not an MP issue - I think it would be quite unusual for TsWriter to be having that kind of effect, at least with the video bumps. The method of production for 4+1 could be causing this... although if no other shows are affected then it could even be the production for the specific show (ie. camera native formats, storage mechanism). It will be interesting to hear results from the folks who are going to watch this live on Ch 4 and/or 4+1...

mm

He did say it also does it on ch 4, so would it not be the same?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    He did say it also does it on ch 4, so would it not be the same?
    Yes, you're right - doveman did say that. I guess my logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :oops::coffee::D
    Still, not being in the UK I don't know what the broadcast format for Ch 4 is - could somebody humour me and relieve my curiosity. All I want to know is whether it is 1080i or 720p... or whatever it is...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Code:
    02-07-2012 21:00:19.300 [434]----- Experimental noStopMod version -----
    02-07-2012 21:00:19.301 [434]---------- v0.0.59c XXX -------------------

This version should be okay, but is clearly not the official release one, so at least you should highlight the fact that you are using it.

Since 1.3.0Alpha has a number of TsReader fixes, perhaps you should wait until it is released before worrying too much about this issue.

Alpha's TsReader is quite close the 0.0.59c (as far as I remember). Also as the issue is reproducible with the other players (LAV source filter as well) the issue must be either in TsWriter or in the broadcaster's stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom