Audio pops/clicks only during Ch4 News and Weather (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    He did say it also does it on ch 4, so would it not be the same?
    Yes, you're right - doveman did say that. I guess my logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :oops::coffee::D
    Still, not being in the UK I don't know what the broadcast format for Ch 4 is - could somebody humour me and relieve my curiosity. All I want to know is whether it is 1080i or 720p... or whatever it is...

2012-07-05 08:15:09.644000 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TsReaderPlayer: OnVideoFormatChanged - streamtype=MPEG2 resolution=704x576 aspect ratio=16:9 bitrate=15000000 isInterlaced=True

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Judging by the bit rate and resolution (544x576i), the Channel 4 +1 sample posted in the OP must be captured from Freeview (DVB-T). Channel 4 on DVB-T is 704x576i.

Would be interesting if this happened on the satellite version of the channels or Channel 4 HD too.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yes, it's Freeview. I don't have HD or satellite though, so I can't check this myself.

I think this problem might have stopped now actually, which may be thanks to 1.3 alpha. I recall watching the programme recently and it not having this problem anyway, although I think I only watched it once so I need to check it every night for a few days before I can say either way.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I've switched to my Main HTPC system at the moment and I'm getting this popping/clicking on Ch.4 News again. It might be a bit less frequent than before though, although it's hard to say.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did anybody else watch the news to check this?
    Given that I live on the other side of the world with no access to this channel, my hands are obviously a bit tied when it comes to trying to reproduce this problem. ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I have look the recorded sample (but i can't test live TV, it's DVB-T channel) and i can see the the same image like jump and we can hear click (iirc) i do the test with lav splitter too and under graphstudio.
    Seb :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I've switched to my Main HTPC system at the moment and I'm getting this popping/clicking on Ch.4 News again. It might be a bit less frequent than before though, although it's hard to say.

As the issue is present in .ts file itself (other players behave in same way as MediaPortal) we have few possible sources for the issue:

1) TsWriter corrupts the specific channel (please test with some other DVB program to be sure)
    2) Broadcaster encodes a broken stream

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Seb :)
    I think the next step is that we need test results for the live stream with a 3rd party application such as VLC to eliminate TsWriter as the cause.
    @doveman: are you able to do this?

mm
    [edit: tourettes was obviously thinking the same as me! ;)]

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Seb :)
    I think the next step is that we need test results for the live stream with a 3rd party application such as VLC to eliminate TsWriter as the cause.
    @doveman: are you able to do this?]

I've used MPC-HC to play LiveTV before but would VLC be better for this test? I'd also want to record it I guess so that I can upload it if necessary and I'm not sure if either MPC-HC or VLC will let me record, so could advise on that please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom