Audio problem with RECORDED atsc files (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Could you guys upload the TsWriter.log (delete the old log and make a small recording before uploading it)?

zylos

October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm also having the same issue. I assume no fix as of yet?

teladog01

Portal Member
    June 11, 2006
    Das Hammer and zylos:

Are you able to play ATSC recordings in the TV module? When I try to play ATSC recordings in the TV module, MP totally freezes and I have to use Task Manager to close it. The only way I can play them is in the Videos module, and then there is no audio.

Just wanted to see if the behavior is the same for you guys?

zylos

October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    teladog01,

I'm using QAM via HDHomerun. I, like others here, am able to view and hear via live-streaming from the TVServer. When set to record in .ts format, the tv module attempts to play the file but neither video nor audio is played back. When set to .mpg format, I am able to view the recording but no audio is present (again, via the tv module). Playback issues are the same when attempted in the video module as in the tv modul

Hope this is addressed and resolved soon.

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Das Hoosier State
    Home Country
    Das Hammer and zylos:

Are you able to play ATSC recordings in the TV module? When I try to play ATSC recordings in the TV module, MP totally freezes and I have to use Task Manager to close it. The only way I can play them is in the Videos module, and then there is no audio.

Just wanted to see if the behavior is the same for you guys?

Sounds like the same thing. If recording format is set to TS, the video will not play in the "Recorded TV" menu. It will lock up MediaPortal frontend and task manager is required to close it.

If recording format is set to MPG, the "Recorded TV" will play it, but no audio.

VLC doesn't like the TS files either. It will open, but go through the whole file in about one second and not show any video or play any audio. However, playing the mpg file in VLC gives me 16 audio tracks to choose from???? Maybe I'm just not familiar with VLC.

Live ATSC and timeshifted ATSC are fine.

:)

teladog01

Portal Member
    June 11, 2006
    If recording format is set to MPG, the "Recorded TV" will play it, but no audio.

That's weird, I am recording in mpg format, and they do not play in TV module, only Videos module (with no audio of course). I haven't tried TS format.

Yes, live and timeshift play fine for me, too.

Anyone know if this is being worked on?

jackelmatador

Portal Member
    April 26, 2006
    VLC doesn't like the TS files either. It will open, but go through the whole file in about one second and not show any video or play any audio. However, playing the mpg file in VLC gives me 16 audio tracks to choose from???? Maybe I'm just not familiar with VLC.

:)

I tried the same thing with VLC with the same results. Does any know if Mediaportal TVE3 has ever worked with recording audio. I used mediaportal for a bit but when I upgraded to OTA ATSC it was time to say goodbye due to the lack of support and now we are SOOOOOOOOOOO close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom