Audio Renderer Changer (4 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mrspock
    Please could you also attach screenshots of your LAV audio codec configuration.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    when playing a video with AC3 sound, it does not output Dolby Digital 5.1 sound through SPDIF but stereo
    maybe it is because your HDMI is configured to use stereo, and SPDIF - to 5.1? so that plugin cannot change running graph (LAV audio has to downmix it, and cannot switch on the fly to use passthrough)? can you test it that way: play video through HDMI, then switch renderer, then stop it then play it again?

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Please could you also attach screenshots of your LAV audio codec configuration.

I'm not sure what configuration screens you need to see, but I'm attaching some.
    I'm not at all sure about all these configurations options, but tried to follow MP recommendations (and a few personal tests).

maybe it is because your HDMI is configured to use stereo, and SPDIF - to 5.1? so that plugin cannot change running graph (LAV audio has to downmix it, and cannot switch on the fly to use passthrough)? can you test it that way: play video through HDMI, then switch renderer, then stop it then play it again?

If I understood you well: I played the video through HDMI, changed to SPDIF (no DD5.1), stopped playing video, played again (no DD5.1).
    I did other tests, and it is always the same.
    But in fact, if I use a third party utility (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/audio-renderer-changer.82337/page-23#post-1038068) it does play DD5.1 (switching it not on the fly).

Thanks!

Attachments

• mp.pdf
      511.9 KB

sover

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm attaching logs and a copy of my configuration. The steps were: Start MP and go to videos, select a 5.1 sound movie, play it during about 10s through HDMI, then pressed key to get sound trough SPDIF during 10s (stereo, no DD5.1), and then back to HDMI, stop video and exit MP.

Thanks
    First of all get installer (not in MP plugins) and install latest version of LAV filters
    Choose LAV as codec for video
    Try to use ARC with reg files to get 5.1 passthrough
    ATT! On my system to get the correct sound names of renderers must start with "Direct Show"
    upload_2016-2-15_9-1-33.png

Attachments

• reg-files-lav.7z
      347 bytes

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi.
    I had just installed MP 1.13 with its updated LAV filters.
    I have directly modified the registry adding "1" to both entries specified in the reg files and now it does work!
    In fact, both my TV (HDMI) and amp (SPDIF) shows DD5.1 (when AC3 movie is being played) or stereo (when 2.0 movie is being played).

But one thing is that "MP - Audio Renderer" not longer keeps in the Codec section (as recommended in the wiki). (I don't know if it is an issue.)

Related to displaying the correct names of devices in the OSD:
    It is the same with Direct show names or without. But I have noticed that if I check set audio renderers in TV, then the OSD shows the correct devices.

So big thanks! (y)
    I got it fully working again.

sover

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi.
    ARC stop working on latest MP 1.17.
    Error is due to change version of BASSengine.
    Can somebody help to plug-in work again?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    I have try to build source source on first page and seems working :)
    Can you try ? :p @sover

Attachments

• AudioRendererChanger.zip
      55.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom