Audio renderer improvements (1 Viewer)

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Maybe a stupid question, but I could already control the volume with mpaudiorenderer since I started using it with mediaportal 1.30 alpha. What will be different?

There is no volume control in MPAR currently - so it volume control was working, MPAR wasn't active...

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    I have been using MPAR for a few days now. As a previous Reclock fanatic I must say it was very unexpected when I installed the latest version of MP to find this new method of watching 24FPS content on my 50hz screen. I was sceptical it would function as well as Reclock does but so far It seems to function BETTER.

I never had frame drops with Reclock. That is still the case with MPAR. The time-stretching seems good and unlike Reclock there is not that initial delay in audio at the start of play which makes it much smoother watching TV episodes especially when there is dialogue within the first few seconds.

I do wonder though how Time Stretching compares to Reclock in terms of keeping the pitch of all the channels correct. I know Reclock can only do L+R, C, RL+RR as separate pitches which a lot of people dislike. Personally I think it's a small price to pay for smooth playback until I upgrade my TV.

I also use the best resampling option and CPU % doesn't seem to be getting flogged.

Anyway that's my 2c. Time to throw on this 1.1.3 and see how she goes.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is no volume control in MPAR currently - so it volume control was working, MPAR wasn't active...

If I press shift + f1 I can see that mpaudiorenderer is active.

I have it also on my older motherboard, MPAR was in graph but somehow, i can control the volume but that mean MPAR was not 100% in control.
    On my HTPC that not possible that MPAR control the volume so i think the driver used on my old motherboard accept wasapi but in a strange mode.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    These are my settings and proof that mpaudiorenderer works. And I can adjust the volume.

Attachments

• 21-34-21.png
      21-34-21.png
      1.8 MB
    • Knipsel.JPG
      Knipsel.JPG
      95.4 KB

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Had a weird instance tonight where dialogue was coming out of the FR channel not the center. I think I stopped and restarted the video and it returned to C for dialogue. Replayed the same scene a few times and couldn't duplicate the issue.

Where can I find logs or what have you so I can document this issue?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    These are my settings and proof that mpaudiorenderer works. And I can adjust the volume.

In your MPAR settings the exclusive WASAPI mode is not enabled - that allows the volume control to work, but as a side effect OS mixer is able to resample the audio how ever it feels like (sample rate conversion, speaker mix down).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Had a weird instance tonight where dialogue was coming out of the FR channel not the center. I think I stopped and restarted the video and it returned to C for dialogue. Replayed the same scene a few times and couldn't duplicate the issue.

Where can I find logs or what have you so I can document this issue?

Unfortunately there is no such logging that would allow such to be seen from the logs - it goes into really deep the audio stream (basicly we would need to dump the whole audio stream to the hard disk to be able to see what goes on). Your only hope is to try to find a way to reproduce such issue and then hope that I or David can reproduce the issue as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom