Audio renderer improvements (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In your MPAR settings the exclusive WASAPI mode is not enabled - that allows the volume control to work, but as a side effect OS mixer is able to resample the audio how ever it feels like (sample rate conversion, speaker mix down).

I see.

And with WASAPI I should get a higher quality audio playback? Not that I hear any difference between bitstream and my current setup.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am testing the v1.1.2 since the release and had no sync issues when using skip steps/rewind/fast forward/pausing! Sometimes i got more dropped frames as with the "old" version but i dont know where it comes from...will take a closer look within the next days.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had sync issues with MPAR that was included in 1.3.0 Beta. Especially after pause -> resume.
    Yes me too but with the version attached to the first post(v1.1.2) of this thread this issues are gone! Maybe this wasnt clear that i meant with "since the release" the release of the new version inside this thread! Couldnt test the v1.1.3 till now but will do that within the next days...

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I am testing the v1.1.2 since the release and had no sync issues when using skip steps/rewind/fast forward/pausing!
    I had sync issues with MPAR that was included in 1.3.0 Beta. Especially after pause -> resume.
    The new version has better handling of pause and resume, and should be nearly as immune to sync as the one that comes with windows (we have some corrupted test material which causes desync with the Microsoft Audio Renderer - we don't have desync with that one obviously, although i'm sure there will be some cases where sync could be lost).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am testing the v1.1.2 since the release and had no sync issues when using skip steps/rewind/fast forward/pausing!
    The new version has better handling of pause and resume, and should be nearly as immune to sync as the one that comes with windows (we have some corrupted test material which causes desync with the Microsoft Audio Renderer - we don't have desync with that one obviously, although i'm sure there will be some cases where sync could be lost).
    As I said, no more sync issues on my systems with the latest binary from this thread. :) (y)

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    I have a repeatable file in which at a specific time the center channel switches from C to FR. I have to stop and resume the file after the specific point to restore audio to C. It's a public file so please PM me for the filename and you can get it to test.

If there is anything I can provide to help track down this glitch please let me know. Coincidently it's the same show I was watching last week when the problem happened.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have a repeatable file in which at a specific time the center channel switches from C to FR. I have to stop and resume the file after the specific point to restore audio to C. It's a public file so please PM me for the filename and you can get it to test.

If it is a public file in that sense it wont contain any copyright violations then send me the download link and I'll try to reproduce the issue (no, I wont be downloading from any torrent tracker to gain some test material :)).

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Fair enough. Guess it's a good thing it rarely occurs. I can live with it until I upgrade my TV :) (Can always go back to Reclock if I must.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom