Audio renderer improvements (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tested the 1.13 version yesterday.

The audio went out of sync after about 20 minutes (at least that's when I noticed it). I didn't pause, rewind or something similar.

When I paused and restarted I lost my center channel. Did it again and audio was completely out of of sync after that.

Unfortunately I have no logs. Was watching with the wife :)

After putting back the original everything was fine, except the pause, restart issue.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @CypherMK, does it happen with every video file? Also are you able to reproduce it and provide logs (althou logs are not that helpful with A/V sync issues in many cases).

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @CypherMK, does it happen with every video file? Also are you able to reproduce it and provide logs (althou logs are not that helpful with A/V sync issues in many cases).

I only played 1 video file and I immediately got that issue. But since I was watching with the wife I had to switch to the original. Otherwise I would have had a very mad wife ;)

Maybe I have time in the weekend to test some more but I can't promise that.

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Some more weird issues are popping up. Keep in mind that I'm running at 720P50Hz so my film content is sped-up. V-Sync corrections and Timestretch on.

While watching a TV episode last night the screen blacked out and came back with horrible screen tearing. V-Sync correction related? I've also been testing some Blu-Ray discs and my copy of Drive seems to cause issues. The first few minutes of playback the detected FPS goes from 24.000 to all over the place and then after about 2 minutes it returns to 24.000 and rock solid playback.

Will these issues show up in a log that I can post for you?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will these issues show up in a log that I can post for you?

Hard to tell if you don't post the logs!!!!!

Honestly, it is always better for the devs to have too much information rather than too little. If the devs saw this issue, they would have fixed it.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    4201: The Audio Renderer has an issue with some hardware / reference clock generation
    4205: Allow user to specify audio buffer size in ms in audio renderer
    4184: Update SoundTouch library in Audio Renderer to the 1.7.1 version

Have been merged to master and will be part of the next MP release. Thanks for helping with the testing!

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't know what is happened but with mpaudiorenderer.ax , the June 17th, the file deploy with the 1.5.0 I guess, I got a significant audio/video delay when timestretch is active (23,976-->25). The delay is for the video +180 milliseconds. so I must set a -180 in the MPAR settings. There is no delay when no timestretching is performed. And that's an other opposite problem of course
    I tried an MPAR with March 16th file date (1.1.3) and there are no delays. Any clues?
    Remember I've an Asus Xonar DX but I had no problem at all with it under Windows 7 64 bit.

Mhh, some files are affected , some not. The files that have this issue, it disappear with standard audio renderer , so it's related to MPAR certainly

Last edited:

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Some logs would be useful, and possibly a file later if the logs don't show anything.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Imho the parameter "audio delay" in MPAR should be align to the equivalent in Lav Codec because have an opposite meaning. In lav codec a positive value means that audio must be delayed, in MPAR tha audio must be hasten (i hope the term in correct in English)
    Note that I change my TV to a Panasonic 42ST60, with 24P support, so I had some changes to my setup, sunday last post is not important anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom