Audio Switcher - easily change audio device via context menu (using remote key) (1 Viewer)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,
    i would prefer the available audio devices in top menu, so changing the device needs one button press less.

David Scott

Portal Member
    April 20, 2012
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sometimes the name of my playback device changes - I think due to nvidia driver updates or just the order that windows recognises connected devices... e.g my TV HDMI name changes regularly from "LG TV-0 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)" to "LG TV-C (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)" for some reason. It'd be great if I could simply type "LG TV-*" in the text field and save that and have the nearest (only) match become the default. Can this be coded into the plugin?

hol353

Portal Member
    May 5, 2009
    Country flag
    Great plug-in. Has worked flawlessly for about a year for me. Updated MediaPortal from 1.17 to 1.19 today and now AudioSwitcher causes MediaPortal to get stuck in an endless startup loop. Immediately after the 'Starting Plugins' screen it goes back to beginning and I have to kill it using Windows Task Manager. Logs attached. If I disable this plugin, MediaPortal starts properly. Does this plugin work with MP 1.19.0?

Attachments

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi, yes it's related to the part change on MP side i fear, need to look at that with @Rick164
    Thanks for reporting this :)

hol353

Portal Member
    May 5, 2009
    Country flag
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't get an email from the forum alerting me that you had responded.

Thanks for the new .dll. It gets a bit further now. I can select a new audio device but when I do, MediaPortal immediately freezes and I have to kill it using task manager.

Not sure if it is related but I've noticed that if I change the default audio playback device in Windows, while MediaPortal is running, MediaPortal will freeze when I go to play a show from the TV EPG. Mediaportal doesn't seem to like having the default playback audio device changed on it.

Logs attached. They don't seem to show any errors. I changed the audio device on this line in MediaPortal.log:

[2018-05-27 10:07:29,401] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Audio Switcher - setting default playback device to: SPDIF Interface (TX0) (VIA High Definition Audio)

Attachments

hol353

Portal Member
    May 5, 2009
    Country flag
    Actually, I had a harddisk failure yesterday and after a new disk, fresh install of mp, the audio switcher plugin is working perfectly with mp 1.19. Sorry to waste your time with diagnosing a problem that didn't exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    W [solved] Incorrect audio being reported Moving Pictures 4
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    ninja 12 Audio dropouts with Dolby / DTS watch/edit Videos 12
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
    F Audio render and font error in my logs General Support 2
    R [solved] Command / Shortcut for changing subtitles or audio Archive 5
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    Glith Audio out of sync after pause. Rewind 15sec gets it into sync again. MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    C ARC Audio Renderer Changer: wo kann man es konfigurieren? Video & DVD 15
    joecrow No Audio after MP Start/Resume from Sleep General Support 0
    C Ability to browse videos and audio by folder General 2
    Lichloathe Offline audio content General 9
    G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
    Ralph Holmes Wrong audio source in TV General 1
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Audio description MediaPortal 1 10
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    cladinshadows85 [solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing General 8
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    T Moving Pictures...seem to have 'lost' ability to display Movie info. (eg Resolution/Audio) Moving Pictures 2
    N [fixed] [MP2-786] Cannot play audio playlist with >=1000 entries 2.2 Archive 36
    B Media info shows audio is 5.1 MP shows 2.0 Watch / Listen Media 2