Audio Switcher - easily change audio device via context menu (using remote key) | Page 6

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by Rick164, April 24, 2016.

1. netexplorer
    • Premium Supporter

netexplorer MP Donator

Ratings:
    +101 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,
    i would prefer the available audio devices in top menu, so changing the device needs one button press less.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. David Scott

David Scott Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sometimes the name of my playback device changes - I think due to nvidia driver updates or just the order that windows recognises connected devices... e.g my TV HDMI name changes regularly from "LG TV-0 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)" to "LG TV-C (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)" for some reason. It'd be great if I could simply type "LG TV-*" in the text field and save that and have the nearest (only) match become the default. Can this be coded into the plugin?

4. hol353

hol353 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Great plug-in. Has worked flawlessly for about a year for me. Updated MediaPortal from 1.17 to 1.19 today and now AudioSwitcher causes MediaPortal to get stuck in an endless startup loop. Immediately after the 'Starting Plugins' screen it goes back to beginning and I have to kill it using Windows Task Manager. Logs attached. If I disable this plugin, MediaPortal starts properly. Does this plugin work with MP 1.19.0?

Attached Files:

5. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,224 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Hi, yes it's related to the part change on MP side i fear, need to look at that with @Rick164
    Thanks for reporting this :)

6. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,224 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    @hol353 can you try attached to see how it goes ?
    I have recompil it against latest MP source but didn't check if all is ok MP start on my side at least :p

Attached Files:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Rick164
    • Super User

Rick164 Super User

Ratings:
    +1,359 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
  8. hol353

hol353 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't get an email from the forum alerting me that you had responded.

Thanks for the new .dll. It gets a bit further now. I can select a new audio device but when I do, MediaPortal immediately freezes and I have to kill it using task manager.

Not sure if it is related but I've noticed that if I change the default audio playback device in Windows, while MediaPortal is running, MediaPortal will freeze when I go to play a show from the TV EPG. Mediaportal doesn't seem to like having the default playback audio device changed on it.

Logs attached. They don't seem to show any errors. I changed the audio device on this line in MediaPortal.log:

[2018-05-27 10:07:29,401] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Audio Switcher - setting default playback device to: SPDIF Interface (TX0) (VIA High Definition Audio)

Attached Files:

9. hol353

hol353 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Actually, I had a harddisk failure yesterday and after a new disk, fresh install of mp, the audio switcher plugin is working perfectly with mp 1.19. Sorry to waste your time with diagnosing a problem that didn't exist.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hol353

hol353 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I meant to say your modified audio switcher plugin works perfectly.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!