Audio Switcher - easily change audio device via context menu (using remote key) (1 Viewer)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i would prefer the available audio devices in top menu, so changing the device needs one button press less.

David Scott

Portal Member
    April 20, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sometimes the name of my playback device changes - I think due to nvidia driver updates or just the order that windows recognises connected devices... e.g my TV HDMI name changes regularly from "LG TV-0 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)" to "LG TV-C (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)" for some reason. It'd be great if I could simply type "LG TV-*" in the text field and save that and have the nearest (only) match become the default. Can this be coded into the plugin?

hol353

Portal Member
    May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Great plug-in. Has worked flawlessly for about a year for me. Updated MediaPortal from 1.17 to 1.19 today and now AudioSwitcher causes MediaPortal to get stuck in an endless startup loop. Immediately after the 'Starting Plugins' screen it goes back to beginning and I have to kill it using Windows Task Manager. Logs attached. If I disable this plugin, MediaPortal starts properly. Does this plugin work with MP 1.19.0?

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_06_05_18__13_06.zip
      779.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, yes it's related to the part change on MP side i fear, need to look at that with @Rick164
    Thanks for reporting this :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @hol353 can you try attached to see how it goes ?
    I have recompil it against latest MP source but didn't check if all is ok MP start on my side at least :p

Attachments

• MP1-AudioSwitcher_V1.zip
      214.4 KB

hol353

Portal Member
    May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't get an email from the forum alerting me that you had responded.

Thanks for the new .dll. It gets a bit further now. I can select a new audio device but when I do, MediaPortal immediately freezes and I have to kill it using task manager.

Not sure if it is related but I've noticed that if I change the default audio playback device in Windows, while MediaPortal is running, MediaPortal will freeze when I go to play a show from the TV EPG. Mediaportal doesn't seem to like having the default playback audio device changed on it.

Logs attached. They don't seem to show any errors. I changed the audio device on this line in MediaPortal.log:

[2018-05-27 10:07:29,401] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Audio Switcher - setting default playback device to: SPDIF Interface (TX0) (VIA High Definition Audio)

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_27_05_18__10_08.zip
      2.1 MB

hol353

Portal Member
    May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Actually, I had a harddisk failure yesterday and after a new disk, fresh install of mp, the audio switcher plugin is working perfectly with mp 1.19. Sorry to waste your time with diagnosing a problem that didn't exist.

senzaparole

Portal Member
    February 12, 2020
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I ask if the remote control I have is eligible to be mapped. Will the audio switcher plugin work on my remote?

IMG_20210108_224627.jpg
    IMG_20210108_224701.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom