Audio Switcher - easily change audio device via context menu (using remote key) (2 Viewers)

Virtual

Portal Member
January 6, 2017
Home Country
Italy Italy
the log level is on debug, now I see the audio switcher log info (es. at 2017-01-06 16:29:49,303).
I've tried with "wave" volume otherwise "master" ... but the results is the same ... now I will test with defaultwide skin, give me a couple of mins. :)

upload_2017-1-6_16-32-33.png

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, seeing only the .dll load so that would mean our initial startup startup is messing with OSD.

With the new delay setting (see attached version) we can try something else, in AudioSwitch configuration raise startup delay setting to 60000 ms or longer depending on how fast Mediaportal starts, right after startup check if OSD works and then after 60s :)
    Best guess it's a timing issue with Mediaportal internally, when setting to delay to 0 here I get the same issue but with 15s delay it was fine.

@mm1352000 @Sebastiii is there any easy way to detect if Mediaportal is fully started (i.e. all plugins loaded / presented home screen)?

Attachments

• AudioSwitcher_1.1.3.6_V2.mpe1
      151.1 KB
    Last edited:

Virtual

Portal Member
    January 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    > in AudioSwitch configuration raise startup delay setting to 60000 ms or longer

Sorry but I don't see this settings ... can you help me?

upload_2017-1-6_16-48-18.png

upload_2017-1-6_16-48-46.png

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Forgot to attach it, added V3 which has a different approach for startup.

Attachments

• AudioSwitcher_1.1.3.6_V3.mpe1
      151.1 KB

Virtual

Portal Member
    January 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The OSD won't show up only if I select "master volume" in the configuration ... if I set "wave" the OSD appears correctly.
    Now I will try your v3

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe it's something sound card specific then as master volume will work for most things.

Virtual

Portal Member
    January 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    with the last v3 the OSDis showed up correctly but the volume control only the default device when MP is loaded for the first time ... if I change the device, the audio switch to the new device but the volume still remain on the "old" device.
    I set 35s as initial delay but i don't see any differences :|
    MP still remain atteched to the inital device ... if I change the volume I can see that its value changes in the windows 10 audio device even if the default device has changed ... MP still remain attached to the old "default device" for the volume / skin sounds.

Virtual

Portal Member
    January 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I do not know if it is simple ... or you might try to handle the volume events (if exists) and set the same value on all the devices (is a workaround to the problem).

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm we might need to add something new to code for that, logs show 21 audio devices connected which seems excessive or is that correct?
    Will check Mediaportal docs a bit further here :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I do not know if it is simple ... or you might try to handle the volume events (if exists) and set the same value on all the devices (is a workaround to the problem).

Yeah or make sure we also update the Mediaportal audio device as well which should be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom