Auto Scan every 24hrs (1 Viewer)

ukscarface

Portal Pro
November 18, 2008
Hello, How can I do a auto scan every 24hrs? virgin moving the freqencys on channels daily and it driving me nuts as my server is in the loft

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The short answer to your question is: you can't do an auto scan. TV Server currently does not provide any auto-scanning function. Implementing such a function in a plugin would also be challenging because most of the scanning logic is embedded in SetupTV.exe (TV Server Configuration). Therefore you'd either have to modify TV Server Configuration or completely reimplement scanning in order to create an auto scan capability.

ROLA

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Users running OpenPli on STB can activate a plugin called Auto Bouquet Maker.
    This plugin can be configured to extract the channellist from the transport stream, just as a standard STB does.

If this plugin only was available for Media Portal, then we could have an updated channellist every morning ;-)
    https://github.com/OpenLD/AutoBouquetsMaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom