[no Bug] Auto update music db on changes in share not working (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This software can be really eccentric ;) After reboot the scraper is now continuously scanning and quering the online database and text gets written into the database.
    However, it is not creating any artist and album thumbs. Must be some setting that I don't have right. Any idea?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I check the missing Artists/Albums/Album Artists within the running MePo, the entire database is showing up as missing, yet the text information has been retrieved. Searching manually then creates the pictures.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can take some time for the database to get filled, and also to display the info when you request it.
    If you want to double check things, you could always open your musicdatabase with the SQLite Database Browser, click the 'Browse Data' tab and select 'albuminfo' or 'artistinfo' from the pulldown menu (Table). If the info is present, it showed show up in MP.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    h don't think that this is the effect. The database gets amended instantaneously, but no Artist thumb file is written to the disk. I can see this on the fly. As soon as I search manually, the respective Artist png appears. Fresh from the log:
    [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - Processing Album: justin timberlake - what goes around...comes around
    [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Artist: justin timberlake
    [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searched-Artist: justin timberlake Found: 1 matches
    [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Album: what goes around...comes around - not found in main albums. Checking compilations
    [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Album: what goes around...comes around - not found in compilaitions. Checking singles & EPs
    [MusicInfoHandler: Album] [DEBUG] - AllmusicScraper. Searching-Album: what goes around...comes around - not found
    Shouldn't a Justin Timberlake.png be created in parallel to this log entry? Nothing happening though.[DOUBLEPOST=1391284392][/DOUBLEPOST]
    and select 'albuminfo' or 'artistinfo' from the pulldown menu (Table). If the info is present, it showed show up in MP.
    Are we talking about the same thing? ArtistInfo and AlbumInfo is created, as I said earlier. but the thumbs are missing. They get created as soon as I search manually.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are we talking about the same thing? ArtistInfo and AlbumInfo is created, as I said earlier. but the thumbs are missing. They get created as soon as I search manually.
    Nope, we weren't, but now we are ;)

Just cleared all my music thumbs, and indeed i don't get thumbs either... Now what was it that scraped our Music thumbs again... :/
    Need to look into that.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is strange.On the main HTPC I am getting the thumbs automatically. It must be something in the settings...

:unsure:(n)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, i was a bit confused also, so this is what we have:

AllMusic Scraper (build in) >> Scrapes Artist / Album info form allmusic.com (triggered by dB update)
    MusicInfoHandler >> Automates the Artist / Album info scraping in the background
    FanartHandler >> Handles scraping the graphics like Artist & Album info and Fanart.

So check FanartHandler ;)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FanartHandler is the same on both machines, @Sebastiii 's version. No idea about the MusicScrobbler, has there been any beta recently?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FanartHandler should handle the thumbs/fanarts. AudioScrobbler does the Auto-DJ function and the scrobbling of tracks to the last.fm website ;)
    Yes, it can be confusing sometimes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom