[no Bug] Auto update music db on changes in share not working (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There aren't that many things you can configure in FH. What am I missing? Also you didn't need to have FH installed in the past to get artist thumbs.

Not convinced that FH is at fault,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have that setting :
    upload_2014-2-1_21-50-51.png

upload_2014-2-1_21-50-59.png

It seems to be FH that download images :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There was an update (beta) of LastFM by jamesonUK - but now I am lost. Will ned to check the file versions on the machines.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guys,

FH creates Artist thumbs that have a file name of the kind "artistname (number).jpg". However, MediaPortal expects a name of the kind "artistname.jpg". The latter is created when you search manually with the in-built search function. In other words, FH is not the source of artists and Album thumbs for the Music view (e.g. small cover).

You can verify this for example by deactivating FH, then deleting one artist's thumb file and then searching it again in MePo. A new filename "artistname.jpg" will immediately be created, reagrdless of FH running or not.

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

If you have problems that albums/tracks are not auto updated while they're located on your NAS then you should check your NAS if it has a correct time-setting... Have had nearly a similar issue 2 weeks ago that TV series and albums have not shown up in MP... After 2 days of intensive error-hunting I've found out that my NAS has lost it's date/time settings and created folders and files without a date/time... After correcting the time-settings on my NAS MP started to noticing these files and adding them to the databases...

Posted this only to help eliminate another cause which seems to has nothing to do with MP

Cheers,

Quantor

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    \thumbs\Music\Albums is fed from the ID3 pictures and has some 1300 files - but artists stays empty !!

Now, starting for about the 5th time:

1. deleting Music database
    2. deleteting Fanart database
    2. update Music database from share (ca. 13000 files processed-> 8854 songs added)
    3. Launching MediaPortal and playing Music
    - Artist/Album info is immediately created
    - \thumbs\Music\Artists stays completely empty :cry:

I copied the FH file from the functional HTPC over to the Client to exclude any possibilty of having used outdated versions.

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just start FH with a cleanDB : and i get that.
    View attachment 144757
    These thumbs are not scraped by FH... These thumbs are generated by audio-scrobbler plugin I think and scraped from last.fm. Everything scraped by FH is going into : programdata/team-mediaportal/mediaportal/thumbs/skin fanart/scraper/music

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    FH does the job, i have log that confirm it :)

Code:
    01-Feb-2014 22:13:36  Info [             Scraper]: Downloading artist tumbnail for Gabriella Cilmi (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Artists\Gabriella Cilmi_tmp.jpg).
    01-Feb-2014 22:13:37  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Importing local fanart into fanart handler database (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Artists\Gabriella CilmiL.jpg).
    01-Feb-2014 22:13:37  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Importing local fanart into fanart handler database (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Artists\Gabriella Cilmi.jpg).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom