Automatic Refreshrate Changer (1 Viewer)

Bomberman

Portal Pro
June 19, 2009
Russia, Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
unlocked SAF includes commercial CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10).
Q: How do I obtain the unlocked version of SAF?
Send a private message (PM) to me, Hoborg and I will sooner or later give you the instructions.

read more:
SAF 5.0
or
SAF 4.0
If you have powerDVD 10 - use it codec in Mediaportal (as in the picture above).
For different codecs different results (in Mediaportal). Try another codec...

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hmm..ok this is weird ....now everything works

24p and 50hz work without any dropped frames and look perfect
    my TV has a popup display saying "24Hz" or "50Hz" so i can see it when it switches between the two

i did a few things before it fixed itself but i dont know which one made the difference:

i ran setverticalfrequency.exe from my anydvd hd install..as i was putting that on at the time..didnt realise i clicked it till i did..lol

i put in as gibman suggested in another thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-55/aero-off-50hz-23-976-a-87044/#post659200 ..by putting in bat files with net stop/start uxsms in the action field of the dynamic refreshrate changer..but that didnt seem to change anything.. or perhaps it errored out as it no longer would switch between refresh rates at ALL. I tried just putting the net start/stop uxsms in the field also..but that didnt do anything either... so i removed them and went back to the default setting.

with an Aero theme on i switched the option off in MP config app under "General" for "Blank screen when switching"...i switched it on for testing but i didnt see any change to begin with...its off by default

now its all good with my selected codecs, switching is quick and playback is smooth and no lost frames!!!! WHOO HOO!

so i dont know if it was 1 thing or a combination of things....also the TV is new and it may have a few kinks..but now everything is perfect im so happy ...i can wait to watch the AFL Grand Final this weekend...GO SAINTS!

i didnt change to your codec selection bomberman...i LOVE the MS DTV Video Decoder...when it works...all the others look blurry no matter how they are set up...also the CoreAVC 2.0 vide decoder works great with my nvidia graphics card

thanks all for ur help

djphatic

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does anyone use Reclock to perform PAL SpeedDown and/or DScaler5 IVTC mod for NTSC content? If so, I'm curious what do you set PAL 25 and NTSC 29.97/30 to - 23hz?

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Do I understand correctly, that this doesn't check the frame rate while playing, but rather before the playback starts? This causes one annoying problem compared to what switching the refresh rate with Reclock did - when I switch on framerate doubling on-the-fly in ffdshow avisynth, I still get only 24/25fps even though the input is 48/50fps. Looks like I need to change the RR for 24fps video to 48Hz, but I need to make sure it's as smooth on my projector as 24Hz does.

Also, Is anyone else having problems with the Moving Pictures custom intros and this? On my system it changes the RR for the intro, but it stays the same when the video playback starts, even though the popup says that it has changed. So when I run a 24fps movie with 30fps custom intro, I get 60Hz playback for the movie even though the popup says it's on 24Hz.

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    No fix for the custom intro problem? Also when there's no mediainfo available (the movie is in a rar-file for example), the refreshrate stays the same and playback stutters. There should be either an option for "if mediainfo is not found, assume fps X", or another way to check the framerate of the video. Also youtube-videos for example don't have mediainfo, so the refresh changer always sets the display to the default rate causing stuttering with 24fps HD videos.

In reclock the implementation of the same thing is different, and I think a lot better. However the mediaportal audio renderer gives better playback overall and this remains the only automatic way to change the refresh rate. I hope there's still someone willing to look into these problems.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Automatic Refreshrate Changer

Does anyone use Reclock to perform PAL SpeedDown and/or DScaler5 IVTC mod for NTSC content? If so, I'm curious what do you set PAL 25 and NTSC 29.97/30 to - 23hz?

Can somebody please tell me how you guys handle IVTC contend?
    I'm using the refreshrate changer with the standard settings and the mp audiorenderer.
    With telecine contend I have massive a/v sync issues.
    Using SAF 5.

We discussed this here too
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...er-video-playback-quality-84441/index109.html

It would be nice if someone can give me a hint.
    I don't think I'm the only one with that problem?! ;) :D

Cook

Portal Member
    December 6, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me with.
    How does the Dynamic Refresh Rate feature identify the frame rate of the media?
    I have a ripped/archived DVD that is 29.970 fps (720x480 SD movie).
    It is a full backup, with the DVD folder structure (vob's/bup's).
    For some reason, "Dynamic Refresh Rate" changes the RR to 24Hz when I play this movie.
    That means it thinks the movie is at 23.976 or 24 Hz, as that is how I have the settings configured.
    Are there logs/files I can change to fix this?
    Any other work arounds?

:D

Cook

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't understand the behaviour of dynamic change. I've two monitor. the vga at 1440x900 / 75 Hz. and the hdmi one , a plasma, at 720p . I've 2 refresh rate avaiable 50 and 60 HZ (or 59). I've an Ati 3850. Typically I use new MP audio renderer to keep 50 HZ also for cinema mode.
    Normally my primary screen is the Asus/vga one, secondary the hdmi/plasma. I use LM remote script to start MP and switch primary and secondary moniotor so when MP start the hdmi/plasm become the primary and the vga/Asus the secondary.
    Well. when refresh rate start, for example to change refresh rate to 60 HZ, that change is applied to the secondary monitor not the primary one that I'm interested. I don't undestand this behaviour . :D

I've the MP 1.2.0 release.

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I've only just started using this refresh rate changer function in MP (new TV :D) and think it's great.

But... is there any way I can change the size and shape of the popup notification window that appears whenever a rate is changed? I like this option turned on as a backup just to make sure changes are occurring, but I don't think it has to be as big as it is, or in the middle of the screen.

BTW I use the Maya skin.

Cheers, Rich

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I've only just started using this refresh rate changer function in MP (new TV :D) and think it's great.

But... is there any way I can change the size and shape of the popup notification window that appears whenever a rate is changed? I like this option turned on as a backup just to make sure changes are occurring, but I don't think it has to be as big as it is, or in the middle of the screen.

BTW I use the Maya skin.

Cheers, Rich

I think this is a skinners question. You can ask the maya dev it. He/she can choose whatever size they like...

I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me with.
    How does the Dynamic Refresh Rate feature identify the frame rate of the media?
    I have a ripped/archived DVD that is 29.970 fps (720x480 SD movie).
    It is a full backup, with the DVD folder structure (vob's/bup's).
    For some reason, "Dynamic Refresh Rate" changes the RR to 24Hz when I play this movie.
    That means it thinks the movie is at 23.976 or 24 Hz, as that is how I have the settings configured.
    Are there logs/files I can change to fix this?
    Any other work arounds?

:D

Cook

The way DRC sees the fps of the content is through the library file mediainfo.dll (I think its called that)
    This reads the info embedded in the file and passes the info through to MediaPortal. In MP config you see the rules on what to do if the fps is xx...

If the information from mediainfo.dll is incorrect, this would result in the wrong refreshrate setting.
    You can check outside MP what the media fps is. Use i.e. MPC-HC, or go to mediainfo site .
    If it can see the difference between the main movie file and intro-movies, I dont know.

I don't understand the behaviour of dynamic change. I've two monitor. the vga at 1440x900 / 75 Hz. and the hdmi one , a plasma, at 720p . I've 2 refresh rate avaiable 50 and 60 HZ (or 59). I've an Ati 3850. Typically I use new MP audio renderer to keep 50 HZ also for cinema mode.
    Normally my primary screen is the Asus/vga one, secondary the hdmi/plasma. I use LM remote script to start MP and switch primary and secondary moniotor so when MP start the hdmi/plasm become the primary and the vga/Asus the secondary.
    Well. when refresh rate start, for example to change refresh rate to 60 HZ, that change is applied to the secondary monitor not the primary one that I'm interested. I don't undestand this behaviour . :D

I've the MP 1.2.0 release.

Hi Red5,
    If I were you, I would try the commandline function. It is written in the opening post. (I think)
    You can use it to call nVidia/AMD profiles. Or you could use the 12NOON display changer. Look here for the program. I still find it a usefull tool and it is capable of changing multiple displays (rearrange). Ofcourse, the NVidia/AMD profiles methode would be able to handle it as well. I have found the AMD profiles method to be bothersome, because each profile contain more information than resolution and refreshrate alone, like color settings, de-interlacing settings and stuff...

When I start the PC in STARTUP I have put a cmd file which after (wait.exe) 15 seconds calls the refreshratechanging command to 1080p50 and then start MP.
    When I exit MP I have a desktop command (icon) to go back to 720p50. This makes browsing the net easier to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom