Automatic Refreshrate Changer (6 Viewers)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Automatic Refreshrate Changer

I have made some more tests with ATI CCC! In CCC it is possible to select the refreshrates 29 Hz & 59 HZ (not italic font), but if i select these refreshrates, CCC directly switches back to 30 Hz & 60 HZ! :confused:

Correct, same behaviour happens here, double check the refreshrates through Windows Monitor settings. Then you'll see it's set @ 29 & 59 (hopefully!)

Hi HomeY!

You are right! Windows Monitor Settings reports 29 Hz & 59 Hz, but the notification window of my TV reports 30 Hz & 60 Hz! Now i am completly confused :confused::confused:!

Helios

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Automatic Refreshrate Changer

Hi HomeY!

You are right! Windows Monitor Settings reports 29 Hz & 59 Hz, but the notification window of my TV reports 30 Hz & 60 Hz! Now i am completly confused :confused::confused:!

Helios

When i enable the ARC popup inside MediaPortal i DO see a difference. Most movies switch to 23Hz, and some switch to 24Hz.
    Why yours doesn't do that, i'm not sure...

Have you tried the 'force' option (not sure if it's gonna make a difference, but worth a try)

Kinda running out on thoughts here :rolleyes:

** EDIT **

Just double checked my ARC settings and i noticed a slight change from the settings i pasted before. Check these NTSCHD settings, and change 29 to 59 like this:

Code:
        <entry name="refreshrate06_ext">
        </entry>
        <entry name="refreshrate06_name">NTSCHD</entry>
        <entry name="NTSCFILM_fps">29.97</entry>
        <entry name="NTSCFILM_hz">59</entry>

Hope that helps!

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Automatic Refreshrate Changer

Hi HomeY!

Helios

When i enable the ARC popup inside MediaPortal i DO see a difference. Most movies switch to 23Hz, and some switch to 24Hz.
    Why yours doesn't do that, i'm not sure...

Pease don't missunderstood: The TV-Popup, not the ARC PopUp gives the wrong information! ARC PopUp is working fine!

** EDIT **

Just double checked my ARC settings and i noticed a slight change from the settings i pasted before. Check these NTSCHD settings, and change 29 to 59 like this:

Code:
        </entry>

Hope that helps!

That was the solution! :D No dropped frames in NTSC HD & SD :D!

Big :D, HomeY and edterbak for helping!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good to hear.
    just a note. Mp looks at the fps of the media. 29.97 now has 2 possible Hz settings. One should be sufficient. The used name in the id. field can be anything. Best is to eliminate any possible confusion in rules.

Ed.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Automatic Refreshrate Changer

Me again ;) :confused:! A new issue occures with "29,970 FPS NTSC HD"! This is the configuration of ARC
    Code:
        </entry>
    TV ist switching fine to 1080p/59.94! But the colours are looking grey and washed out and some menu items of my tv are greyed out after switching to this resolution!

If i disable ARC and configure resolution in CCC by hand to 1080i/30 NTSC HD is working fine!

Best regards

Helios

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Me again ;) :confused:! A new issue occures with "29,970 FPS NTSC HD"! This is the configuration of ARC
    Code:
        </entry>
    TV ist switching fine to 1080p/59.94! But the colours are looking grey and washed out and some menu items of my tv are greyed out after switching to this resolution!

If i disable ARC and configure resolution in CCC by hand to 1080i/30 NTSC HD is working fine!

Best regards

Helios

Helios,
    are you using profiles to switch or do you have the arc field blank by default?
    Maybe you are only using the wrong name in your writing here, but are you only switching refresh rate or resolution as well? resolution changes should be avoided.
    btw. what menu items are grayed out? which menu?

My setup is fixed at a resolution of 1080p. The refreshrate only is changed. I have less rules in the arc setup.
    23. 976 >23
    24 >24
    29. 97 > 59
    30 > 60
    50 > 50

Regards. Ed.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very strange. I can't see why changing the refresh rate would have impact on PQ.

Did you double check Pixel Format Settings?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Automatic Refreshrate Changer

Hi Ed, hi HomeY!

Helios,
    are you using profiles to switch or do you have the arc field blank by default?
    Default Settings

Maybe you are only using the wrong name in your writing here, but are you only switching refresh rate or resolution as well? resolution changes should be avoided.
    I have set resolution only for testing to 1080i, have disabled ARC and then NTSC HD is working fine, no dropped frames and the colours are fine!

btw. what menu items are grayed out? which menu?
    TV-Menu! Some Items of the TV-Menu are greyed out!

Did you double check Pixel Format Settings?

Yep. it's full RGB 4:4:4

Big Thanks

Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom