Automatic Refreshrate Changer (4 Viewers)

sloth

Portal Member
November 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
disappearing MP_TV-Series entries

Hi there,
just wanted to let you know that the devicereset=no entry solved the problem of having to start videos several times. However, the MP-TV-Series entries are still disappearing when I started an episode and restart Mediaportal. Even when I set autochangerefreshrate to "no" in the mediaportal.xml the entries disappear. edterbak: could you solve this problem? Is anybody else using both autorefreshrate and the MP-TV-Series plugin? Any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance,
Jonas

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    However, the MP-TV-Series entries are still disappearing when I started an episode and restart Mediaportal.

Can you describe this problem? Are the entries missing in the database or are they only not visible on the screen? When you go out of mytvseries and return back to it, are the entries still missing or are they there again?

sloth

Portal Member
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The entries are deleted from the database. After I watched an episode it is still in the list until I close and restart Mediaportal.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The entries are deleted from the database. After I watched an episode it is still in the list until I close and restart Mediaportal.

OK, thanks. Since I'm having problems with tvseries too, I thought it was related.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Sloth.
    I have similar problems. Im afraid I am not the brains behind this feature. I only did a rewrite of the first-post. Gibman is the creator / father of this feature. Maybe he could take a look. I dont know if other people without this refreshrate changer have the same problems.

@Gibman, do you think you can take a look at this problem?

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Exit MP.

set desktop hz to 25 or 50hz.
    start vlcplayer
    playback some recorded PAL recording in TS format using vlcplayer.
    make sure the rec. is indeed 25 FPS, u can see this in vlcplayer when starting the clip.

if it hicks up, its probably ur tv.

/gibman
    Will try it later today and report! Thanx gibman, your doing some amazing great work here!
    Well, It has been a while!

I was having stuttering in normal PAL Tv... and also most of the movies I played. Even with having refresh rate changer 'installed'.

Last week I did a reinstall of Vista 32bit, RC3 and the RC3 version of the refresh rate changer. The problem was here again. After uninstalling de MPA and MPV filters AND installing the VISTA codec pack 5.02 it is working perfectly now! I am not a fan of these codecpacks, but it seems to work perfectly here. Everything plays smoothly here, mainly thanks to the refresh rate changer. So, In my case it where the MPA and MPV filters that were causing the stuttering.

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Very good!

Thank you Gibman for this nice implementation, it's working well with my setup:

Running MediaPortal 1.0 RC3

Using RefreshRateChanger_0.5(rc3).zip

Using 12noon Display Changer 4.11

<entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_ext">C:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -width=1920 -height=1080 -refresh=60 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">C:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -width=1280 -height=720 -refresh=50 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">C:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -width=1920 -height=1080 -refresh=60 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">C:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -width=1280 -height=720 -refresh=50 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
    <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
    <entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="default_hz">pal_hz</entry>
    <entry name="use_default_hz">no</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">no</entry>
    <entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

But I have two minor problems:
    1. Even though I'm using -quiet I still get a blank message box by 12noon Display Changer. I have contacted the developer of DC and I'm waiting a reply.
    2. It appears that MediaPortal runs the command even if current refresh rate is the same as the selected movie. For example I select a movie then I stop it, then I select the same movie and I can hear DC message box pops up.

riadmelb

1. Even though I'm using -quiet I still get a blank message box by 12noon Display Changer. I have contacted the developer of DC and I'm waiting a reply.
    riadmelb

12noon Display Changer developber has contaced me and confirmed this is a bug in v4.11 and will be fixed in the next release in few days.

sloth

Portal Member
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Still nothing from the MP-TV-Series front?
    edterbak: did you get around those disappearing entries? Is there an alternative plugin to MP-TV-Series? I love having the RR being changed automatically but not when my library entries disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom