Automatic Refreshrate Changer (5 Viewers)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No. I still have a non-functional TV series plugin.
After rebuilding, the entries are in the config screen. When I enter MP itself, it takes a lot longer than normal to load the TV series, and the result is that there are no entries... gone..
If I reopen the configuration of MP, the entries are gone again... Sigh...
This is even the case when I disable the refreshrate changer. Maybe a change in the core.dll is causing it. I dont know... :confused: I need my series though...
I hope Gibman can take a closer look at it when RC4 comes out. Maybe the problem is already gone then.. hope so.

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Current refresh rate is same as selected movie

2. It appears that MediaPortal runs the command even if current refresh rate is the same as the selected movie. For example I select a movie then I stop it, then I select the same movie and I can hear DC message box pops up.

Hi guys, in regards to the above comment, do you notice the same thing or is it just me? Thanks a lot.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Riadmelb,

I don't notice the same thing as you describe. I don't hear any pop up while switching. You do have the notify option on. Maybe this makes a difference. Can you try it without the notification option turned on.
<entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>

Also, I notice you use two different resolutions in mediaportal.
For Cinema + ntsc you use with 1080P and for pal + TV you use 720P. Does this have a special reason?
It is probably wiser not to change the resolution from within MP. I notice there can be strange results with doing so. Atleast, that was what I experienced with the ATI profile method. Maybe DC is different and better with this.

Good luck

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Hi edterbak, and thank you for your reply.

Because I'm still using v0.5, the "notify_on_refreshrate" was not implemented then and doens't work, I just never bothered to remove it. "notify_on_refreshrate" was implemented starting from v0.6, so I don't think it has any effect on MediaPortal, but I still gave it a go and still didn't help.

The reason I'm using 720p with pal is because I cannot do 1080p with 50Hz, I don't know why and I haven't invistigated yet. I installed latest forceware and still didn't help. I will look into it later (maybe it's my TV?).

The popup sound came from the buggy DC 4.11, but since the developer (thank you Stephan) fixed the bug in DC 4.12 I don't get the popup anymore. But the problem still exist with MediaPortal.

To prove my point I did the following:

<entry name="cinema_ext">C:\\windows\\notepad.exe</entry>
<entry name="pal_ext">C:\\windows\\system32\\calc.exe</entry>
<entry name="ntsc_ext">C:\\windows\\notepad.exe</entry>
<entry name="tv_ext">C:\\windows\\system32\\calc.exe</entry>

And when you watch the same movie few times you can see that calc/notepad keep being executed, but it should not do that because it is the same res.

If you are using a version higher than 0.5, can you please check the above methed and let me know if MediaPortal keeps ecutiung calc/notepad?

Maybe gibman has fixed it in the latesest releases?

Thanks a lot.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    when using
    ... <entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

you tell mP to only change refreshrate when actually needed.

It seems like this doesnt work for you.

One reason could be that the gfx card does not report back the new refreshrate to mP.
    so mP still thinks it's the old RR.

Can I see the log for that session when u startup notepad X times ?
    It could reveal what's going on.

Also regarding the myseries plugin.
    I dont really use that one myself. So motivation is kind of low.
    But the sources are available, so anyone with skills should be able to debug it.

/gibman

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also regarding the myseries plugin.
    I dont really use that one myself. So motivation is kind of low.
    But the sources are available, so anyone with skills should be able to debug it.

/gibman

Hi Gibman,

Sorry to hear your motivation for this is low. I dont have the skill to do what you ask. I'll wait for RC4 to see what happens then. Or maybe if someone else is able and willing, Im willing to do tests if required.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just tried the previous latest stable version of My TV Series (not svn), and it needed a database rebuild. I deleted the tvseries database in total in the mediaportal folders. Then I rebuild it and it worked. Now I do see all the entries. Open/close mediaportal doesnt matter. It stays visible. Refreshrate changer works as well with it.

No problems anymore it would seem.

:D :D :D

sloth

Portal Member
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, it is working for me now as well! With these 2 plugins working now I am happy. Great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom