Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

It works; refreshrate is changed to 24fps and the image is very smooth! Nice ! Gj!

BUT...

there is a bug:

When you forward, pressing the right button a few times to forward let's say 10 minutes, the audio and video gets out of sync! No lipsync, which is unacceptable... what do you advise to solve this?

Best regards

using RC4; CCC 8.11 ; 780G ; 37PX80

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Attachments

• error MP.jpg
    error MP.jpg
    45.4 KB

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I've seen this too, but I'm not so sure it's related to the refresh rate change plugin. For example, the other day I used the Blu-Ray PowerDVD solution, and as it minimised and switched to 24 Hz that same error popped up.

edterbak, I have a request for you... I see you have the same OS and video card as me, and you're also a fan of this plugin! I have an issue which I thought was related to this plugin, but it's not... Could you please perform the same test to see what you get? Thanks in advance!

akiaki

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2008
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I have the same error poping out, wasn't there before rc4 so I think its connected maybe...
    Solution is to disable defaultHZ for now and just leave it be :)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Same error here with RC4. As akiaki said, it only happens with default_hz enabled.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Seems like u get a device reset doesnt it ?

hmmmm.

I wonder what has changed in rc4.
    Ill test the defaulthz feature 2nite.

/gibman

Main: ***** OnDeviceLost *****
    2008-11-30 23:14:42.515625 [Info.][MPMain]: Main: Device lost - Error in the application.
    -2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

I made a screenshot of the error message I get when I stop playing a avi file in 24fps.

Is Gibman available to look in to this problem/bug?

This is my error log
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...reshrate-changer-mediaportallogs_30_11_08.zip

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    gibman, for what it's worth, when I use the refresh rate changer I don't use defaulthz (although my set seems to reset to 60Hz regardless after playing media), and I have also seen this error with refresh rate changer disabled (see my earlier post).

And another one that suggests it's not related to the refresh rate changer plugin...

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I wonder if this plug-in could help solve a problem I see from time to time. I use the ATI HDMI audio driver that is on my video card. But from time to time when I turn my TV on (my PC is currently always on), there is no audio. At the moment I can fix this by using the ATI CCC and switching refresh rates to 60Hz then back to 50Hz, but I would really like a better solution. Does anyone else see this problem? anyone got a good solution for it?

Andy

akiaki

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2008
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    @ gloomyandy: yes it would! I had exact problem with ati and stupid audio trough HDMI and easiest fix was refresh rate change and audio started working again. I think it has something to do with edid data after wakeup.. Anyway, I solved it by changing the audio trough spdif since my receiver can't handle hdmi audio input, or you can google hdmiON - didn't have a chance to try it...

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a thought....

Do you think this thread belongs in the plugin section? It would probably get more attention there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom