Automatic Refreshrate Changer (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Now that MP 1.0 is out, shall we see an upgrade for that as well?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, I want to try MP 1.0 very badly.... But I wont do an upgrade without this ultimate add-on from Gibman. So Im waiting till its there. :)

Gibman, Do you think you can do your magic one more time? :D :D
    Thank you in advance

D

dm15644

okay, FIXED! I changed resolution with CLI.exe instead of DC.exe

edit: + a wait.exe of 3 seconds added.

So CCC + WAIT = the best option for ati users, I guess. Now I have to tackle the sync probs..

Hi Justchill,

can you describe in more details how you have done this? Can you share the exact command lines?

Thanks,
    jayrock

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ Jayrock
    What I now have is DC changer with the wait command. (DOWNLOAD WAIT.EXE HERE.)
    extract the wait.exe to C:\

I can explain it for you using CCC profiles + wait.exe. It's very similar.

In the command in mediaportal.xml use this command
    <entry name="cinema_ext">c:\\24hz.bat</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">c:\\50hz.bat</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">c:\\60hz.bat</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">c:\\50hz.bat</entry>

in C:\ create a text file. As an example name the text file "24hz.bat". Obviously, this will only be the command to change the Refreshrate to your setting of Cinema/24fps media.
    In that text file you need to write (using notepad):
    c:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLI.exe start Load profilename="CinemaProfile"
    c:\wait 3

I hope its clear how it works.
    Create all the profiles in CCC first. Create all the .BAT files accordingly. You can enter any amount of seconds to wait, after the wait command.

To test if the .BAT file works, you can just execute it from within windows. If they al work like you want them to, then it should also work from within Mediaportal.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    v0.61 (1.0 #21195) - 25 dec.
    * no changes
    (sources currently not avail. since it will enter SVN soon.)

merry xmas all.

/gibman

Crabstick

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    As I've had some problems with RC4 version of this plugin, I made my own "manual refreshrate changer" :)

It involves multishortcut plugin copied 3 times to MP plugins dir. Then rename the DLLs as 1080p24.dll, 1080p50.dll, and 1080p60.dll. Then configure them in MP config, give them appropriate display names and point the exe to a bat file which will launch the real RR change. In my case it was the ATI CCC command with related profile.

Whenever I want to watch a movie (they are all 24fps stuff), I first trigger the RR change from plugins, then launch the movie. Works like a charm.

And merry xmas all.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New MP 1.0 with v0.61 (#21195) works here as well :D :D

thanks Gibman

stanik

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Simple refresh rate for nvidia

Hi,
    I made simple refresh rate changer for nvidia cards (can be modified for ATI), controling via remote controler.

First make .bat files for each resolution.

For 24Hz make 24Hz.bat file (with notepad) - rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1920 1080 32 24
    for 50Hz make 50Hz.bat file - rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1920 1080 32 50
    etc....

Save .bat files on disk - for example c:/resolutions

Download multishortcut plugin and make shortcut for each .bat file a set Plugin ID for each shortcut. (99924 for 24Hz.bat, 99950 for 50Hz.bat file, etc.)

Now you have simple shortcut to change refresh rate.

After that I made special mapping for remote controler. In Videos and Movin Pictures Plugin I can press number 2 on remote and refresh rate is change for 24Mhz or press 5 for 50 Mhz
    Simple add this line for your remote commands mapping (in my case is Hauppauge 45 buttons).
    XML file is located in (in WinXP) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data aplikací\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings here is in my case file Hauppauge HCW.xml
    Modify this file - simple put this line <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="96742" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="99924" sound="click.wav" /> on second line for buttons what you want modify and tis o third line <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="6" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="99924" sound="click.wav" />.

In my case button 2 looking this:
    <button name="2" code="2004">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="40" sound="cursor.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="96742" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="99924" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="6" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="99924" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="52" cmdkeycode="0" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>

After this modifications I can in My Videos or in Moving Pictures press number 2 and refresh rate is change on 24Hz.

Sorry for my english, I hope its understanding :)

Stanik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom