Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
hey again,

because of the out on sync problem i tried some stuff in vista using my ultravnc to control the htpc. everytime i was connected the sound was never out of sync. few minutes ago i tried again to watch a movie. and there again out of sync! then i recognized that always when i was connected with my ultravnc areo was deactivated.
so I deactivated aero and startet the move again. everything is fine! no out of sync....have to test this more detailed. but all people with sync probs using vista. could you try the same and give a little feedback?

I'm using CoreAVC+ACFilter+EVR

ok i tested it now on 2 movies. never out of sync. but now i have a tearing problem. that suckts. looks like it is beacuse i use EVR without aero?! :(
if I use VMR9 and want to start a hd movie mp minimizes and starts playing the movie or i just have a black screen...
Same problem here. I just keep losing sync by varying amounts when using EVR. Nothing seems to fix it.

Using VMR9 there's no sync issues at all, but I get the same bugs you're seeing with it.

Screwed either way :/ I've just been putting up with the bugs with VMR9 - they tend to only be intermittent (but still damn annoying)

yep, there is something very wrong when using the EVR Renderer.... Mediaportal seems to give the false framerate to the EVR, this results in stuttering and/or audio sync issues. The problem is not noticable when refreshrate is set to 60hz (or 50)

is this problem being looked in to?

Hi,

been using (well, trying to) the refresh rate changer since it's inclusion in latest svn. Everything seems to be working correctly, except 23.976fps files. These files, all .avi format, when played back with the screen changed to a 24hz refresh rate, keep getting further and further out of sync with the audio. This happens whether I use the refresh rate changer or set the refresh rate in the nVidia control panel. These files play back fine (barring the judder) when screen is set to 50hz.
Is this a codec issue? I've been using ffdshow for .avi files.
Any thoughts on how to deal with this issue would be greatly appreciated.:D

im also having the exact same problem... there seems to be a bug in mediaportal as a lot of people is having problems with 23,976 material playing at the correct hz

seems like mediaportal is giving false information to the renderer (in my case EVR)
the reported framerate in the EVR properties while playing a movie in mediaportal is like 60000 (should be 23.976) or something like that, when playing the same file in windows mediaplayer it is reported at 23.976 like it should be....

so theres certainly a bug in mediaportal preventing the EVR renderer (or any other) to retreive the correct framerate.
Oddly enough there is no problem while keeping your refreshrate at 60hz, but mediaportal still gives the incorrect framerate though...

same problem happens on my htpc. using mp, vista 32bit home premium. how can i have a look what framerate informations is send to the evr while playback?! :mad:

if you are using FFDSHOW (you should :D) you can play a movie in mediaportal (not full screen) right click the FFDSHOW icon and you will see a list of all the Codecs /Filters used, there you will also find Enhanced Video Renderer click that and you will get some info... look at the Framerate , then compare that with the info u get when plaing the same file in Windows Mediaplayer....

The framerate is ALWAYS wrong when using Mediaportal and EVR...

is this listed as a bug?

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is your out of sync issues a fixed amount where it needs the audio to be delayed..? If that is the case then just add that value to the delay feature in the AC3 config. I have added 160ms delay and all is well for me.

no it's not a fix delay. sometimes its sync and the other time it's out of sync. if i fwd 15sec and rwd again then it's often synchronus again.

at the moment i am fix at 50hz and using reclock...nextime when i set up my pc i will defenitly use XP

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I Have tried several codecs, ATI/Nvidia graphics... nothing works.

24hz refreshrate and 24p content with mediaportal and EVR is impossible,,,,

look at the EVR properties while watching a 23.976 movie in mediaportal. The framerate is no way near the correct instead of 23.976 its more like something random like "6544837". then look at the jitter , the amount is huge!

i think its the same problem with 60hz material , but somehow the AV sync is decent...

Everything works fine in any other directshow player

look at this picture, this is from a fresh install Ffdshow codecs, Ati graphics, Vista, Mediaportal 1.0.
    and yhis is while playing at 60hz im surprised it even works....

this is the same file played in Windows media player:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

look at the EVR properties while watching a 23.976 movie in mediaportal. The framerate is no way near the correct instead of 23.976 its more like something random like "6544837". then look at the jitter , the amount is huge!

Please upload a short sample of such file that you are able to use to trigger the false FPS value. It is most likely content related somehow.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Please upload a short sample of such file that you are able to use to trigger the false FPS value. It is most likely content related somehow.

Yep - I cannot reproduce that with Big Buck Bunny (h.264 1080p24).

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    yes i can upload a sample, but i have the same problem with ALL of my 24p material. will upload it as soon as i get home from work.

Thanks

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes i can upload a sample, but i have the same problem with ALL of my 24p material. will upload it as soon as i get home from work.

Thanks
    Here also...(vista, EVR). All 24p content is out of sync. One more worse than the other, sometimes only a bit. Tried about all of the codecs mentioned in this site in different installations. All other material plays fine. I will try to reproduce this with Ffdshow

lordarcane

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have seen this problem to with the audio out of sync and 23,,976 material. Though, I had the same problem with vmr9 and exclusive mode and evr.

But, I switched codec away from FFDSHOW for audio and used MPA decoder filter from the latest weekly snapshot and then the audio out of sync problem dissapeared!

Maybe ffdshow´s audio codec is the failing part in this?

I´m using reclock to, but the problem was there with 24p material before and after reclock when playing movies in 1080/24p.

So, my nonprofessional conclusion is that ffdshow screwed up the audio.

Btw, in vista the tearing with evr is related to not using aero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom