Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The new CoreAVC now has hardware decoding via CUDA, so i might ditch the ATI card and pick up a cheap nV one, and give it a go - should hopefully have no need for EVR then.

In Vista EVR is recommended renderer as you don't have to use the exclusive mode (that has few limitations). As VMR9 is not the recommended one it might have more issues than the EVR implementation in MP.

Quick question, is there anyway to get MP to use Haali Renderer?

No, would require additional code to support haali renderer.

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The new CoreAVC now has hardware decoding via CUDA, so i might ditch the ATI card and pick up a cheap nV one, and give it a go - should hopefully have no need for EVR then.

In Vista EVR is recommended renderer as you don't have to use the exclusive mode (that has few limitations). As VMR9 is not the recommended one it might have more issues than the EVR implementation in MP.

Yeah, I understand that, it's just that EVR is unusable no matter what I try (due to the audio sync issues many others are seeing too). :(

SebNYD

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    When I'm seeking, I do loose sync but I'm getting it back by simply pausing the video before playing it back (That's exactly what Justchill was saying a few messages back).

Did you try Reclock ? (latest builds from Slysoft)

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I'm seeking, I do loose sync but I'm getting it back by simply pausing the video before playing it back (That's exactly what Justchill was saying a few messages back).

Did you try Reclock ? (latest builds from Slysoft)
    Yeah, I'm using ReClock with the Auto Refresh Rate Changer, so all the media (23.976/24/25/29.97/30/etc) I have plays amazingly well on my 24p capable TV.

Pausing it after it goes OOS does fix it at times, but I need to pause it a few times to get it back in the right spot. Plus, it usually falls OOS after a few mins of normal playback anyway. :( It's the same when using ffdshow, PowerDVD, and MPCVideoDec - ffdshow audio decoder or AC3Filter - Vista x86 and x64 (4 different installs) - Reclock and no Reclock. The only real constant I can see, is EVR Renderer.

Switching to VMR9, and the issue is completely gone, even after seeking sync is perfect. Downside of that though, is the tvseries plugin problems VMR9 seems to bring into play. :(

In any case, I got burgled last night, so my TV's gone. :mad::mad::mad: Have to wait a few weeks for a replacement before I can get back into perfecting the HTPC.

mgl

Portal Member
    June 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I like the Automatic Refreshrate Changer, it works great with all files, only with dvds there is no way (Iso and Video_TS folder).

Any hint ?

Anyone got dvds working ?

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    stupid question I guess but:

obviously I need a 24p capable TV to be able to use refresh changer ???!!! This is not clearly stated in the first post of Gibman.

I have an older Pana plasma, this can 50 and 60 Hz only but not 24p. Now I am using Reclock to speedup 24 and 23,976 movies for judderfree playback. Do I have to stick to ReClock then?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    stupid question I guess but:

obviously I need a 24p capable TV to be able to use refresh changer ???!!! This is not clearly stated in the first post of Gibman.

I have an older Pana plasma, this can 50 and 60 Hz only but not 24p. Now I am using Reclock to speedup 24 and 23,976 movies for judderfree playback. Do I have to stick to ReClock then?

I am afraid so.
    23.9 and 24 fps can be sped up to work nicely 50hz. (fps x 2 + %speed increase)
    29.9 and 30 fps can be sped up to work on 60hz. (fps x 2 + %speed increase)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just committed a small fix to SVN.

Seems like RTSP / multiseat TV usage would not cause the refresh rate to change at all.
    Now it checks for this proplerly.

I guess there is not too many multiseaters out there, since this bug hasnt been fixed before now ?
    Or they are all using the noRTSP hack :)

/gibman

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I guess there is not too many multiseaters out there, since this bug hasnt been fixed before now ?
    Or they are all using the noRTSP hack :)

...or people who watch downloaded movies aren't having any free time to watch tv :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I just spotted it after updating this weekend... but my TV actually completely broke so it was the least of my problems!

I have found it impossible to force DC into setting 48p though, anyone else had success? I can do it with powerstrip, but powerstrip routinely crashes the computer on startup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom