Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

henkvantol

Portal Member
January 21, 2009
Problems getting Automatic Refreshrate Changer to work

I have been trying to get the automatic refreshrate changer to work. But no luck so far.

I have SVN 21688 installed and changed the mediaportal.xml by adding the commands.

I have 12Noon DC installed. I have tested the command by executing them manually, the refreshrate changes perfectly.

I have enabled the Automatic Refreshrate Changer in the configuration. I choose all the defaultvalues as stated on the first page.

When I play a NTSC dvd in MediaPortal nothing changes (default for me is 50hz). The playback isn't smooth.

Mu videocard is an onboard ATI HD3200.

Has anyone an idea of what I have forgotten or have to change?

Regards Henk

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have been trying to get the automatic refreshrate changer to work. But no luck so far.
I have SVN 21688 installed and changed the mediaportal.xml by adding the commands.
I have 12Noon DC installed. I have tested the command by executing them manually, the refreshrate changes perfectly.
I have enabled the Automatic Refreshrate Changer in the configuration. I choose all the defaultvalues as stated on the first page.
When I play a NTSC dvd in MediaPortal nothing changes (default for me is 50hz). The playback isn't smooth.
Mu videocard is an onboard ATI HD3200.
Has anyone an idea of what I have forgotten or have to change?
Regards Henk

Hi Henk,

Can you give a copy of the text in the mediaportal xml file. I mean only the part about the refreshrate changer...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Am I missing something here? I am running 1.0 and after several years of unstable systems I don't want to go down the SVN route.

There is no version for 1.0 only RC4 and one of the 1.0 SVNs ????

Also I am slightly confused about SVN version. Is this going to be incorportated into 1.01 or will it remain a mod on top of standard MP ?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Am I missing something here? I am running 1.0 and after several years of unstable systems I don't want to go down the SVN route.

There is no version for 1.0 only RC4 and one of the 1.0 SVNs ????

Also I am slightly confused about SVN version. Is this going to be incorportated into 1.01 or will it remain a mod on top of standard MP ?

It is already planned to be incorporated in 1.01. THe last two svns have this function already built in. You can configurate it from within MP config. (sort of)
    Currently there is a MP 1.0 stable version. Next stable version is 1.01. The steps / bugfixes / addons between these two are tested through test versions (SVN's). Or maybe you already knew that last bit.

edit
    see this post for how it looks like atm
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/373702-post466.html

also,

In the first post, right after 1.0 RC4 version you see this link:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...te-changer-refreshratechanger_0.61-21195-.rar
    this is the build 21195. I thought this was the 1.0 final one.

henkvantol

Portal Member
    January 21, 2009
    Hello edterbak,

Here is the part on Automatic Refreshrate Charger.

Mediaportal.xml:
    <entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="use_default_hz">no</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">yes</entry>
    <entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>
    <entry name="default_hz">pal_hz</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_ext">
    </entry>
    <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">"C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\PAL_50.bat"</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">"C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\PAL_60.bat"</entry>
    <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">"C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\PAL_50.bat"</entry>
    <entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>

Bat-file:
    "C:\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\dc.exe" -refresh=60 -apply -quiet

Hope you can tell me more.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    can you try
    <entry name="force_refresh_rate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">no</entry>
    Try disabling notify on refreshrate as well.. You will notice if it has changed anyways..

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    FWIW, and I appreciate that Windows 7 is still in beta, the auto refreshrate changer built into the SVN's works perfectly well with Vista on my HTPC but does not work with Windows 7 x86, even though I can invoke the message on the screen to say that it has changed. However installing 12 noon and then adding....

<entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_ext">c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=24 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=50 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=60 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">c:\\\\50hz.cmd</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
    <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
    <entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="default_hz">pal_hz</entry>
    <entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">no</entry>
    <entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

... to overwrite what the SVN places in the needed file makes it work perfectly well again.

henkvantol

Portal Member
    January 21, 2009
    The problem is solved. The problem was that the Moving Pictures plugin was on my system, it was disabled but not removed. After deleting this plugin everything workes great.

Thanks for the support.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem is solved. The problem was that the Moving Pictures plugin was on my system, it was disabled but not removed. After deleting this plugin everything workes great.

Thanks for the support.

Thats weird,
    Im using moving pictures (0.71) and Im very happy with it... But I also use the MP SVN from 15-2-2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom