Automatic Refreshrate Changer (1 Viewer)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For Lost for example; I just added 59.940 (got that framerate with mediainfo GUI) to ntsc:

<entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30;59.97</entry>

Not perfect, but at least its in sync now and changes as necessary and you don't need to have it set to default 60hz. (I leave default off, but its usually at 24hz)

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    I think my file are different from yours... Mediainfo gui see some as 23.976 Hz and some as 29.976 Hz... but it's a case... simply in one file the first frames are at 23.976 (but there are 29.976 Hz frame too) and in the others the first frames are at 29.976 (but there are 23.976 Hz frame too) so your trick don't work in my case :mad:

Simply is a no solution situation... I think some other flag must be used in the mkv format to indicate that the stream is VFR
    and NOT trust the first frame only...

Your files in which format are?
    The 59.976 Hz value is strange... are they perhaps interlaced?

I've see this interesting thread in the mediainfo forum:
    SourceForge.net: MediaInfo:

and in this thread:
    SourceForge.net: MediaInfo:

In particular this "tag" is interesting: FrameRate_Mode (CFR, VFR)

I've tried with the cmdline version but this info not seems to be present... in the library is present this tag?
    I'm thinking this pseudo-solution if the vfr flag is set use a sort of "vfr framerate"...

Can we verify if this tag is present?

fanoI

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Having some problems, (28feb SVN MP).
    When using moving pictures and tvseries - after it changes the refreshrate I can't interact with MP anymore until the video is done playing. Happens every time the refresh rate changes, so not when I play a few 48hz/50hz videos in a row.
    Is there anything wrong with my autorefresh config? thanks.

Code:
        <entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
        <entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">no</entry>
        <entry name="cinema_ext">c:\\windows\\system32\\rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1280 720 32 48</entry>
        <entry name="pal_ext">c:\\windows\\system32\\rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1280 720 32 48</entry>
        <entry name="ntsc_ext">c:\\windows\\system32\\rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1280 720 32 60</entry>
        <entry name="tv_ext">c:\\windows\\system32\\rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1280 720 32 48</entry>
        <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24;25</entry>
        <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
        <entry name="ntsc_fps">15;29.97;30;59.94;60</entry>
        <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
        <entry name="cinema_hz">48</entry>
        <entry name="pal_hz">48</entry>
        <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
        <entry name="tv_hz">48</entry>
        <entry name="default_hz">cinema_hz</entry>
        <entry name="use_default_hz">no</entry>
        <entry name="devicereset">yes</entry>
        <entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When using moving pictures and tvseries - after it changes the refreshrate I can't interact with MP anymore until the video is done playing. Happens every time the refresh rate changes, so not when I play a few 48hz/50hz videos in a row.

What do you mean, you cant interact anymore? Does the remote not respond, keyboard, all of above etc. What can you still do. ? Also, what version moving pictures do you use.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

What do you mean, you cant interact anymore? Does the remote not respond, keyboard, all of above etc. What can you still do. ? Also, what version moving pictures do you use.
    I mean I cant do anything anymore with remote&keyboard that affects MP, well Alt+F4 to kill MP is about it.
    movingpictures 0.7.2

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I mean I cant do anything anymore with remote&keyboard that affects MP, well Alt+F4 to kill MP is about it.
    movingpictures 0.7.2

Does it help to set <entry name="devicereset">no</entry>?

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    movingpictures 0.7.2

Does it help to set <entry name="devicereset">no</entry>?
    Yes, that fixed it! thanks.:)

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    I'm having a problem with the Lost episode also stuttering. Lost always plays at 24hz for me! I can't quite get my head around how you guys are solving this issue? i.e. Stop the refresh rate changer automatically playing Lost at 24hz and play it at 60hz instead?

My refreshrate entry:

Code:
        <entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
        <entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>
        <entry name="cinema_ext">C:\\Program Files\\12Noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=24 -apply -quiet</entry>
        <entry name="pal_ext">C:\\Program Files\\12Noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=50 -apply -quiet</entry>
        <entry name="ntsc_ext">C:\\Program Files\\12Noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=60 -apply -quiet</entry>
        <entry name="tv_ext">C:\\Program Files\\12Noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=50 -apply -quiet</entry>
        <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
        <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
        <entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
        <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
        <entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
        <entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
        <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
        <entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>
        <entry name="default_hz">pal_hz</entry>
        <entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry>
        <entry name="devicereset">no</entry>
        <entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

Also, are most US shows (Heoroes, Lost, etc) broadcast in 24hz? I thought it was always 60hz? Not sure why TV shows are encoded at 24hz (or VFR) you see...

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    For Lost for example; I just added 59.940 (got that framerate with mediainfo GUI) to ntsc:

<entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30;59.97</entry>

Not perfect, but at least its in sync now and changes as necessary and you don't need to have it set to default 60hz. (I leave default off, but its usually at 24hz)

Check what framerate your file is with MediaInfo GUI, its not perfect as I mentioned, but its much better at 60hz than 24hz

As mediainfo is reading it at 59.940 for me, the refresh changer wasn't doing anything as that FPS isn't listed by default. Added as above will ensure you change to 60hz for those Episodes.

Quote from somewhere else regarding Lost:

"This runs at a variable framerate between 35FPS and 60FPS. The broadcast was 60FPS with drops to 35FPS, which caused the other encodes to stutter when it was decimated to 24FPS. As it would lower the FPS by 2.5, as in the lowest framerate would be at 14FPS, which will defenitely stutter. 20% of the frames are ****ed because ABC ****ed up the broadcast. By using VFR it won't drop below the 35FPS the source had.
    You should probably set your GPU/TV at 60Hz (=60Fps), otherwise it will look choppy I think,"

You are correct that most US shows are 23.976

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi there,

Forgive me if this has been addressed somewhere in this item (I have attempted to trawl through all the posts), but I appear to be experiencing a small bug with the refresh rate changer.

I am running version 1.0 of Mediaportal and have downloaded 0.61 of the refresh rate changer.

The refresh rate changer appears to work flawlessly when accessing videos, but I am finding that it is not taking affect when I play a physical DVD. I have set the notify message to 'on' in the mediaportal xml config file, but I get no messagebox when I access 'Play DVD' through the mediaportal menu (or at least certainly not on the first attempt). I am using Streamed MP.

However, if I play a video, and then try and play a dvd, the refresh rate changer seems to do its thing and the notification pops up.

I have tried setting:

<entry name="devicereset">yes</entry>
    <entry name="force_refresh_rate">yes</entry>

but these make no difference. It's as if the refresh rate changer isn't initiated when starting Mediaportal and going straight to 'Play DVD'.

Edit - I have just gone in to mediaportal and went in to movies and the refresh changer did not change to the correct setting for my mkv.

Maybe my issue is not with DVDs, but simply the first movie that I access.

I am wondering whether the dll's are not the most up to date - can someone point me in the direction of the best ones to use for Mediaportal 1.0?

I have tried to update to the current SVN - but had to rollback - totally messed up me Mediaportal. At worst, maybe I will hold off for 1.01, but if anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it!

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom