Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    oh i thought you want a TV...sorry 4 the mistake. but as rtv says 75hz are also fine. as long as it is a multiple of 25! another option is reclock, which could speedup the video material to watch it at 60hz..

You certainly would not want to speed up movies / increase voices by 20%, would you? ;)

With ReClock you can resample the audio pitch to match the original :p ...but of course no one should run movies at 20% faster playback rate. And its also impossible for live tv, as no one has invented any time machine(s) yet.

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Small problem here with the nVidia control panel.

I just replaced my ATI 3450 with an nVidia 9500GS. My TV (Samsung 6 series) supports 24p, and I had no trouble with the ATI profiles. Now I'm just trying to set up the custom profiles in the nvidia control panel, but every time I hit "test", it fails, and won't let me add the profile. I can set the refresh rate manually in the control panel to whatever I like (23,24,25,29,30,50,60, etc) and the TV accepts it just fine, but simply trying to add a profile like <1920> <1080> <32> <24> keeps failing - it fails to stick no matter what refreshrate I try to use. :s

I'm sure I'm just a bit retarded, and am missing something simple - but I can't seem to figure it out.

Edit: Ahh, it looks like it's a known issue with the last couple of nV driver releases. :( Guess I'll try an older release.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=87480&st=0

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi just use 12noon with refreshrate changer. works perfect 4 me with my nvidia

Yeah, I ended up trying 12noon, and it was much simpler and more effective than I though it would be. :)

I'm loving this new nV card, much nicer to use than the old 3450 ati. It even sets 23.976hz, which I could never get the damn ati to do. Also, no longer being restrained by ati's dxva L4.1 profile restriction is nice (currently using the new CoreAVC via CUDA, with great success).

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Small problem here with the nVidia control panel.

I just replaced my ATI 3450 with an nVidia 9500GS. My TV (Samsung 6 series) supports 24p, and I had no trouble with the ATI profiles. Now I'm just trying to set up the custom profiles in the nvidia control panel, but every time I hit "test", it fails, and won't let me add the profile. I can set the refresh rate manually in the control panel to whatever I like (23,24,25,29,30,50,60, etc) and the TV accepts it just fine, but simply trying to add a profile like <1920> <1080> <32> <24> keeps failing - it fails to stick no matter what refreshrate I try to use. :s

I'm sure I'm just a bit retarded, and am missing something simple - but I can't seem to figure it out.

Edit: Ahh, it looks like it's a known issue with the last couple of nV driver releases. :( Guess I'll try an older release.

'Custom mode test failed' - NVIDIA Forums

You don't need a profile, at least with my case I don't need one. All I do is put this command:

rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1920 1080 32 24

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Resfresh rate change when playing a physical DVD

Hi there,

I installed the 0.61 version of the refresh rate changer dll's onto version 1 of Mediaportal.

The refresh rate changes perfectly on movie images i.e. mkvs and iso's, but does not seem to reliably 'kick in' when I try an play a DVD from the DVD drive.

I tried to install a SVN version of Mediaportal and it messed up my Mediaportal so I reverted back to version 1 and am waiting patiently for the release of 1.0.1.

For my peace of mind, can someone confirm if the refresh rate changer to be released does work when playing physical media?

Thanks a lot.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    The current refresh rate changer in the latest SVN (22029) does work for me when playing physical media.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Refresh for Physical media.

Thanks for the response.

I'll hold my breath for 1.01!!

Appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom