Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Am i correct that with the integration of this plugin into MP 1.0.1 you only need to make 4 profiles in ATI CCC (CINEMA, PAL, NTSC, TV) and enable the plugin to make it work?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could someone update the OP with what one needs to do with MP 1.0.1? Can we just skip step 1 and 2 and go straight to step 3?
    Seconded. Could someone please update what is happening here.

IIRC the code now allows for the refresh rate to be update via API and not an external program? Will this get round the issue I have now when switching using 12noon and a keyboard shortcut that the screen goes black for about 10 seconds whilst it is changing and this causes the TV to flick over to another input and back again??

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    Am i correct that with the integration of this plugin into MP 1.0.1 you only need to make 4 profiles in ATI CCC (CINEMA, PAL, NTSC, TV) and enable the plugin to make it work?

i didnt make the profiles i just selected device reset, and everything is ok it changes to refresh rate it needs and once the films is stopped it goes back to default

zaphman

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    "Wrong" FPS set for DVDs (VIDEO_TS.IFO)

I've had some problem getting the RefreshRateChanger to adapt to the correct FPS on certain (PAL) DVDs. This is because the DVD actually makes use of different FPS in different IFO files. (Verified by using the standalone MediaInfo utilitity.)

There is one FPS (in my case NTSC) in VIDEO_TS.IFO, but another in VTS_01.IFO (PAL). The RefreshRateChanger calls MediaInfo, passing the (main) VIDEO_TS.IFO file, from which video information is extracted.

I changed it to use VTS_01.IFO instead (and recompiled). This resolves the issue with wrong FPS.

Of course this is a problem with the compilation, but maybe one should query the main video stream for correct media information? Though, I'm not really sure about the DVD compilation file format... e.g. which one is the main video file?. Maybe one should query each of the streams to use a refresh rate most in use?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

i didnt make the profiles i just selected device reset, and everything is ok it changes to refresh rate it needs and once the films is stopped it goes back to default

So no profiles @ all? You only enabled the plugin & checkboxed 'device reset'??
    Hmm... gotta try that then ;)

TNX.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    This is related to the issue I highlighted a couple of pages back.

You have made avery good point and one which the developers might want to consider. The leading video_ts.bup anf .ifo files outside of the main video stream .vob files do appear to have the capacity to throw the correct refresh rate being chosen by the refresh rate changer.

Renzo

April 12, 2009

So no profiles @ all? You only enabled the plugin & checkboxed 'device reset'??
    Hmm... gotta try that then ;)

TNX.

I tried that but it didn't work for me. My TV stays at 60hz.

I could do with some advice with setting up the scripts. I've got a Samsung LE32A656 (which should have 24p), 8800GT, the newest driver and Vista x64. I've tried setting up a custom resolution profile on the control panel but for some reason whatever i do when i test the settings it says "Custom resolution test failed". Because of this i can't set 24hz. Using the cmd line doesn't seem to work either on my windows version, i get the message "Error: API not supported on this version of Windows.".

I just figure i will use 12noon. But when i execute "dc64.exe -monitor="Algemeen PnP-beeldscherm" -refresh=24 -test" i get a message that those settings are not supported for my TV. When i do -listmodes it shows that my TV only supports 59/60hz. Is this normal? I want to try to -force the refreshrate but i fear it might damage the TV.

dqv69

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    I finaly made it work, so i will share with you my experience.

1 : I use the force button in the catalyse panel to have access to all the frequences in then résolution panel.
    Without that i can only access 60Hz.
    2 : I change an option in the panel "Display option" in the catalyst driver. this option managed the refresh rate for the fulllscreen application, I set it to "Disable". Without that the refresh rate was allways set to 60Hz when i saw a video in MP.
    3 : I've create 3 script with 12 noon appilcation, like in the first post.
    4 : In the Refresh rate panel in the MP configuration, I unset the reset option and set the force option.
    5 : I use Power DVD codec for H264 video in the video panel in MP configuration.

I hope it will help some of you to configure this greate option.

Sorry for my english, I'm only a french guy ;-)

Griffo

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Brilliant. This feature works 'out of the box' for me.

I'm using ATI with Catalyst 9.3.
    I have configured in CCC the resolutions for 50hz, 60hz and 24hz at 1080p. Note that i didn't create profiles, simply added them to the 'available HDTV Resolutions'.

All i did was enable the plugin in the tool, and used the "device reset" option.

So far, on a variety of AVI and DVD IFO's it seems to work flawlessly.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have now been through many pages in this long thread but I am not sure what is current and what is previous.

I have it working calling 12Noon scripts to change the refresh rate which is great however I don't really understand the other options and there is no wiki page to help. Reading between the lines it appears that you can change the refresh rate without calling the scripts but I can't figure out how this works. When I enabled the refresh rate changer I just got a completely black screen when I played back a 24fps file.

Could someone please explain the different modes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom