Automatic Refreshrate Changer (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I used the Gefen DVI Detective in the past, when the ATI drivers were immature, and you had to turn on the tv before the htpc to get a picture (this has now changed and i no longer required it). Now they have an HDMI version. Just make sure by visiting the forums that it handles audio properly (I'm sure it does). You'll need to plug the detective directly into the tv and get it to learn the EDID codes, then you can run HTPC -> Detective -> Receiver > TV.

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Four your information I use a Gefen HDMI Detective plus.

Windows 7
    Integrated Nvidia card -> touch screen (boot on this one)
    PCI Nvidia card -> hdmi detective plus->Receiver->TV

Work perfectly, I use bitstream (non HD because Nvidia...), the computer sleep and wakeup, without put MP on the touch screen :)bitch: Windows drivers...), I can use MP without TV, swap the source on receiver...

HDMI Detective is the best thing I bought this year ;-)

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi, I have not used this feature before and am interested in using it on the new 42" LCD I have hooked up via DVI-HDMI adaptor. When I go to screen resolution and look at the supported refresh rates of my tv, I have the following options:

25Hertz interlaced
    29Hertz interlaced
    30Hertz interlaced
    50Hertz
    59Hertz
    60Hertz

I have the resolution set at 1920x1080 and the screen shows as 1080p @ 60Hertz. What would be the best settings for me to use for NTSC, PAL and Cinema based on the above (I dont use TV)? I was not sure about using the interlaced options.

Thanks in advance!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe a stupid question, but couldn't find it with search.

When I load an iso file with deamon tools lite within mediaportal, the refresh rate doesn't change. Is this normal or did I overlook something?

:D

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I used the Gefen DVI Detective in the past, when the ATI drivers were immature, and you had to turn on the tv before the htpc to get a picture (this has now changed and i no longer required it). Now they have an HDMI version. Just make sure by visiting the forums that it handles audio properly (I'm sure it does). You'll need to plug the detective directly into the tv and get it to learn the EDID codes, then you can run HTPC -> Detective -> Receiver > TV.

Finally my unit arrived. Had to cancel my order from the US and order it from the UK, instead. Ended up costing me an arm and a leg, but this little thing fixed the problems. Installation was really simple, but you really should NOT plug the detective to your display to get the EDID information. You should get the EDID information from your receiver with your display connected because - at least in my case - the TV EDID says that it can only receive stereo sound when, of course, that is not the case when the HTPC is connected to the receiver first.

Problem is solved and, even though it was expensive, saved me from buying a new receiver.:D

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just found this plugin, excellent work! Saves me from a lot of juddering.

One question though: I can't select if it should be interlaced or not.

I still have some troubles with interlaced tv, and I saw that some of the supported modes of my tv are interlaced modes.
    So I would like to select those in your plugin to see if that solves the de-interlacing issues, unless you can assure me that watching (interlaced) live-tv with an interlaced video-mode isn't worth the effort.

I did try deinterlacing (all options) in all codecs I could find, in combination with all deinterlacing options in my video(ati) driver.
    But now I see that my tv can handle interlaced signals, and I want to try if that's improving things.

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

When I load an iso file with deamon tools lite within mediaportal, the refresh rate doesn't change. Is this normal or did I overlook something?

Did you enable "Use MediaInfo for DVDs" in "DVD/DVD Player" in the media portal configuration? I had the same problem with playing blu rays and enabling this option solved it.
    --Alex

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Did you enable "Use MediaInfo for DVDs" in "DVD/DVD Player" in the media portal configuration? I had the same problem with playing blu rays and enabling this option solved it.
    --Alex

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Apologies if this is not the right place to post this but....

I'm having difficulty getting smooth playback on various files. My configuration is:

Q6600 based HTTPC with ATI 4770 GPU
    W7 Ulimate (update on)
    MP 1.1
    SAF 5.00(Beta)
    and a Panasonic PT-AX200E projector

PAL (50fps) and TV (also PAL) work well but HD mkv files at a reported 24hz are very juttery/unwatchable when the MP resets to "Cinema - 24hz" and ok but a little jumpy at "PAL - 50hz".

My next step odf investigation is to confirm what is actually in the file I'm trying to play (downloaded as Entourage.S07E01.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mkv). I used to have util that gave detailed info of the video & audio contents of avi files but lost it in the W7 change. Can anyone tell me what util can do this for both avi and mkv files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom