Automatically start MP fullscreen on secondary display (2 Viewers)

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, using mp_start with my recompiled version of MP 0.2.3 RC1 opens MP on my second display (TV) with all full directx support.

Could you upload this file or send it to me?

Try this file and let me know ...

iam am searching for this Patch for Version 0.2.2.0, because the RC-Version doesnt run well with my Hardware.
    Can i somewhere download that Patch for 0.2.2.0?

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    jawbroken said:
    I'm sure some people will find it very useful, but I only have the single display. Perhaps just a simple command line argument to replace the 1280 would be useful? The same thing would work for the path to MediaPortal as well.

OK, I just added automatic detection of your screen size and I made the path an optional command line parameter.
    Now, if you omit the first arugment (therefore start without any arguments) it will try to start MediaPlayer from the default location.

okay, now i found.
    MP starts now correctly in Fullscreen on 2nd Screen.
    But if i start TV, it freezes, nothing is able do click.
    what can i do?
    Thx for your reply....

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thx...

if i disable the DirectX-Mode in the Setup Menu, then it works....
    but by this Way the CPU turns to ~60%....

I`ll try what u said and write here the results....

edit://
    it only works without DirectX-Mode... hm.

me again... ;)

if i use the DirectX Mode on second Screen, the TV freezes if i will turn TV to Fullscreen. Without DirectX Mode it will be all good, but the Picture is not optimal...

...what can i do to use DirectX working well with TV in Fullscreen?

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ponyriemen
    are you using the patch i pointed to in my post #114 ?

can you run default-MP ok when your secondary display is configured as the primary monitor ?

Are you having still having trouble with the latest SVN versions, if so have you created a bugreport somewhere?

I could recreate my patch/installer for the 2.2.0 version if you want..

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi piba...

i am using right now the Patch of "hannema".
    If i run MP on primary Display, it runs well.
    ...SVN Versions: i am a really Noob, so i had fear of SVNs and Bugs they bring... ;)
    Can you link a SVN that is a Solution for my Problem? If, then i try and let you know the results...

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have posted 8 RAR files "rev15300 MP on second screen Installer.part01.rar" till 08 that contains a complete setup/installer for MP including changes till SVN version 15300. That was the latest beta version a few days ago.
    Don't have any problems with it myself.. thou i only use the TVplaying functionality.. recording is done by TVE3 for myself..

[patch] Choose the screen in which MP will start (fullscreen or window)

RAR files are just like ZIP.. except that you need WinRar or something like that to unpack them.
    Then the resulting Setup.exe, Setup.msi can be installed just like MP normally does.

I am on IRC #mediaportal at the moment for another hour or so..

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Piba

I am trying to get a handle on how this solution works, is this it?

1. The patch changes the TV (or secondary monitor) to primary display
    2. Direct X now works on secondary monitor/TV, but not on primary monitor
    3. MediaPortal now fires up on secondary monitor/TV and has DirectX9 support
    4. Primary monitor is now set to secondary display and has no DirectX support
    5. Applications other than MP will need to be set so that they run on Secondary Display, i.e. Primary monitor, but they have no DirectX support

If this is how it is, how is this different to the solution proposed by Jackelectronics here: http://www.jackelec.myzen.co.uk/computers/mportal/index.html or by Huma2000 in a related thread.

What I am seeking is a mechanism whereby I can run Mediaportal on my TV and yet still allow my kids to play games on the PC itself. I have solved all of the sound issues, can direct the video to the right place etc., but as soon as the kids fire up a game, end of session. Either game won't run, or Mediaportal hangs. I am guessing this is because both require DirectX.

Sorry for the long post, but have been wrestling with this for 6 months as I know others here have.

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No the patch i wrote does not change the order of the primary and secondary displays..

It does try to find a second (possibly virtual) adapter that has the secondary display as its primary monitor..

tryed to play 3D Pinball from XP-mce in fullscreen but that did make MP stop playing my recording.. so i suppose it wont fix your problem..

<EDIT>
    it has to possible thou, i can play video with VLC and play 3D Pinball both fullscreen
    </EDIT>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom