Automatically start MP fullscreen on secondary display (1 Viewer)

dhannema

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hammer9600 said:
I just wonder how I should change the the location of Media portal, do I have to install Borland Builder on my comp to change this myself, or is there an easier way?

If I understand correctly, just give the location of your MP executable as a parameter to mp_start. e.g.: mp_start.exe "c:\program files\My MediaPortal\MP.exe" (don't forget the quotes :))

Rick164 said:
However it seems to hang when starting(99% cpuload load from mpstart.exe), it happends when mediaportal is intializing the skin and it says waiting for popup in the mpstart.exe).

The popup never appears when MP is started in fullscreen mode. Try unchecking the "Start Media Portal in fullscreen mode" option in the general settings. In fact I only have two options checked: "Auto hide mouse cursor when inactive" & "enable GUI sound effects".

If it isn't due to that, it might be because the loop checking when the popup appears is hogging too much processing... I've updated the loop to pause 1 second per iteration and I increased the logging. Please use the following executable and send me the output by starting the program with:
mp_start [optional executable path] > log
Since the log can get quite long, you might want to send me an email with the log file at don_hannema@yahoo.com

http://www.geocities.com/don_hannema/mp_start_debug.zip

Hope this helps!

Rick164 said:
Also another tiny question how can you make mpstart.exe run with the media center 2005 remote(green button now loads MS mce2005)?

Unfortunately I don't know how to configure the mce remote. I have a keyspan remote, that allows me to completely configure the actions per button and per application. It also allows me to configure any remote control (e.g. my VCR buttons on my TV remote) for use with MP. I just map a button of the remote to a keyboard shortcut.[/url]

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will try that today and edit this post with the results :)
    Getting an error while starting(different one):

dhannema

Portal Member
    January 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rick164 said:
    Will try that today and edit this post with the results :)
    Getting an error while starting(different one):

Probably found what is causing that.
    I've installed a new visual studio to be able to compile the MP codebase. Try the debug download from my previous post again plz, I've compiled it again with visual studio 2002.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Woohoo :D
    It now works like it should and i have pm'ed you the feedback.log if you need it.

dhannema

Portal Member
    January 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rick164 said:
    Woohoo :D
    It now works like it should and i have pm'ed you the feedback.log if you need it.

Excellent! I removed the debug output again and I now have made the official 1.0 version available in the start post ;)

cheffe97

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    wow

Hi
    and a big thx b/c this is a big step forward...
    I tried and found it working pretty well... untill I wanted to test vdeo playing.
    Then it seems that MP gets the res of primary screen (which is 1024x768 in my case) and changes the sec dislay to that res (which was 1280x720 in my case).
    This leads to the calibration of my touchscreen getting lost.
    Second thing is that the video screen stays black, video is played though (can hear the sound).
    Checked the ATI cat center and changed settings so that fs video will be played on sec display (which works for vlc).

Can anybody confirm/ help me fix this?
    Everything else (submenus etc) seems to work.
    Again this is really a program lots of ppl have been waiting for, so thx again.

thx and cheers
    chef

briconique

January 21, 2006
    hello everybody,

and thank you for your work.

I have the following trouble with media portal : when used with a secondary screen (current TV), picture (from video for example) must be visible (at least one pixel) on the primary screen else picture is freezed on the secondary screen.

I though the program mp_start.exe could solve this but it didn't (I see that it runs though). is it normal that it doesn't solve my trouble ?

thank you for advance.

regards, LAF

dhannema

Portal Member
    January 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: wow

cheffe97 said:
    Hi
    and a big thx b/c this is a big step forward...
    I tried and found it working pretty well... untill I wanted to test vdeo playing.
    Then it seems that MP gets the res of primary screen (which is 1024x768 in my case) and changes the sec dislay to that res (which was 1280x720 in my case).

Try disabling the "Use exclusive directx mode for fullscreen" option...

Spyder

Portal Member
    January 28, 2006
    i have a radeon X850XT AGP
    when i start MP_START it starts mp but on my primary screen + mp seems to use a lot of resources and just starts on my primary screen :(

can some1 tell me what's wrong ?

bored

Portal Member
    March 7, 2006
    great job...

first of all... thats what i was looking for for long time, no such powerfull program could handle dualview that way like MediaPortal thx to your work...

just one question, would mediaportal start automatically if the path in mp_start.exe would be correct?

path should be: "C:\Program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"

path is: "C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"

right now i have to start mp_start.exe first and mediaportal.exe afterwards, or is that how it shall be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom