Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) - Update 1.6.0.9 - 01.11.2014 (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Does anyone have a screenshot of how this looks when using MyFilms latest plugin?? Overall, from what I have read in 26 pages, this looks fantastic and I just want to see a clear shot of how MyFilms looks with it before I take the plunge and install it all.

Thanks guys.
Here are some screenshots using MyFilms.

View attachment 153582 View attachment 153583 View attachment 153584 View attachment 153585

Yeah that's what I'm looking for. I've installed this on my laptop to test but how do I get it to use MyFilms as it seems to be defaulting to Moving Pictures? I have installed 1.8 and this skin plus My TV series (which also looks great), Moving Pictures & MyFilms but couldn't get any films to show up unless they were in Moving Pictures. What am I missing here?

Thanks

Last edited:

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Does anyone have a screenshot of how this looks when using MyFilms latest plugin?? Overall, from what I have read in 26 pages, this looks fantastic and I just want to see a clear shot of how MyFilms looks with it before I take the plunge and install it all.

Thanks guys.
Here are some screenshots using MyFilms.

View attachment 153582 View attachment 153583 View attachment 153584 View attachment 153585

Yeah that's what I'm looking for. I've installed this on my laptop to test but how do I get it to use MyFilms as it seems to be defaulting to Moving Pictures? I have installed 1.8 and this skin plus My TV series (which also looks great), Moving Pictures & MyFilms but couldn't get any films to show up unless they were in Moving Pictures. What am I missing here?

Thanks
MyFilms use databases/XML files based on external movie catalogs created in such Ant Movie Catalog or DVD Profiler etc. This is great if you have many movies on DVD or Bluray and want to have them in MediaPortal. But you can also create those xml files in above softwares for your existing movies on you harddrive and play them from MyFilms. But it requires a lot of work.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yeah, I know how to use MyFilms and I have a database setup but how do I make your skin use MyFilms instead of Moving Pictures?? Is there some kind of editor I'm missing (like the Titan editor)??

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yeah, I know how to use MyFilms and I have a database setup but how do I make your skin use MyFilms instead of Moving Pictures?? Is there some kind of editor I'm missing (like the Titan editor)??
Yes, use Avallanche editor in Mediaportal config. Don't forget to press update before saving.

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Do you have a screenshot as I seem to be missing it??
Yes, here they are.

Avallanche_Editor1.png Avallanche_Editor2.png

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Thanks
    MyFilms use databases/XML files based on external movie catalogs created in such Ant Movie Catalog or DVD Profiler etc. This is great if you have many movies on DVD or Bluray and want to have them in MediaPortal. But you can also create those xml files in above softwares for your existing movies on you harddrive and play them from MyFilms. But it requires a lot of work.

I think I rember that MyFilms is also going to look for nfo files - so when you organioze your collection with TinyMediaManager

http://www.tinymediamanager.org/

This does a pretty good job to start with

luis7

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi! My english is shit! So i undestood in the first post that is recommended to unistall and delete all files of previous version of the skin, isn´t it?. Or can i update and go!

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi! My english is shit! So i undestood in the first post that is recommended to unistall and delete all files of previous version of the skin, isn´t it?. Or can i update and go!

I should be okey to only make an update, but sometimes it does not install properly. In this case, it may be useful to remove the old version first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom