Avallanche (a skin based on Avalon) - Update 1.6.0.9 - 01.11.2014 (3 Viewers)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ok, so I've now got it reading my Myfilms test database and its picking up the covers for the main screen but the latest added media doesn't seem to be working. I think I have the settings right. See screenshots.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Main Screen.png
    Main Screen.png
    1.3 MB
  • Config.png
    Config.png
    69.2 KB

Quantor

Portal Pro
February 9, 2013
Bad Kreuznach
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, so I've now got it reading my Myfilms test database and its picking up the covers for the main screen but the latest added media doesn't seem to be working. I think I have the settings right. See screenshots.

Thanks in advance.

Is the "Latest Media Handler" Plugin installied on your system ? You'll need this too...

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country

Thanks in advance.

Is the "Latest Media Handler" Plugin installied on your system ? You'll need this too...

Yep, Its installed and working for TV Series, just not MyFilms for some reason.

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

Thanks in advance.

Yep, Its installed and working for TV Series, just not MyFilms for some reason.
Have you selected this option?

myfilms_config.png

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
Yep, found that one and now it's working however, on that first screen where it shows latest media, I cannot get it to display the backgrounds like it does on TV series unless Moving Pictures is installed. Is it supposed to function like that or should it pick up the backgrounds anyway? If I go into a film, the backgrounds are there so I know it has downloaded them.

Thanks for all your help.

Quantor

Portal Pro
February 9, 2013
Bad Kreuznach
Home Country
Germany Germany
It's looking in the wrong folder... Check the avalanche Config... There you can choose between two possible locations for the background... Switch to the other movie option ... I'm not at home at the moment to name you the right folder where they should be in....

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yep, found that one and now it's working however, on that first screen where it shows latest media, I cannot get it to display the backgrounds like it does on TV series unless Moving Pictures is installed. Is it supposed to function like that or should it pick up the backgrounds anyway? If I go into a film, the backgrounds are there so I know it has downloaded them.

The backgrounds in BasicHome are handled by Fanart Handler Backdrops or User Random Backgrounds or a slected picture. Fanart Handler does not support MyFilms backdrops. The only way, i think, to display the backdrops in MyFilms/BasicHome is to keep MovingPictures and just remove it from BasicHome. i.e. that the same movies are in MyFilms and Moving Pictures databases. Maybe there's another solution that I do not know.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

The backgrounds in BasicHome are handled by Fanart Handler Backdrops or User Random Backgrounds or a slected picture. Fanart Handler does not support MyFilms backdrops. The only way, i think, to display the backdrops in MyFilms/BasicHome is to keep MovingPictures and just remove it from BasicHome. i.e. that the same movies are in MyFilms and Moving Pictures databases. Maybe there's another solution that I do not know.
    Only way would be to use the fanart pushed by LatestMediaHandler in the skin, if that is possible, e.g. #latestMediaHandler.myfilms.latest1.fanart

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    sweborn - seems as if teh rss bat in teh basichome.xml is out of sync. These are the correct values

<description>RSS background</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>-10</posX>
    <posY>796</posY>
    <width>1871</width>
    <height>90</height>

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Only way would be to use the fanart pushed by LatestMediaHandler in the skin, if that is possible, e.g. #latestMediaHandler.myfilms.latest1.fanart
    Thank you... this works. In my next release it will be possible to choose the backgrounds for MyFilms, MovingPictures or MyVideos in Avallanche Editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom