Avallanche - Old version for MP1.3 and earlier (1 Viewer)

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Can you please fix this issue in OnlineVideos in your next release.

Version 1.5.0.0changed Skin Properties: #header.label -> #OnlineVideos.HeaderLabel / #header.image -> #OnlineVideos.HeaderImage

Funnily enough I've been looking at Online Videos xmls today and noticed the placeholders being visible.

Can you upload screenshots of the problems and I'll try and sort in the next few days.

I will upload the fix soon.

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
wow - I think we speak about two different things - I speak about the Y-Key - using this to display the Info Pane leads to this

View attachment 123354

And normally when you now press "UP" you get a secondary Field with the description. In my case this leads to MP-Dead.

Okej, now i understand you. I will change the association for up button in Info mode to set focus on the next button (audio). As I wrote earlier, I want the description of the program coming up at once. If you want to show a simple menu, press the up key during broadcast.

Hm - still - I'm not conficed that the way it is done now is sufficant - the idea to bring up the program description at once is a good one - but the space used is very limited so it will take some time to scroll where it becomes important. How about using some space on the right hand side to display more of it at once? I'm not much of an artist - again - but try to illustrade what I'm speaking about:

View attachment 123466

The right area can be used for the audio and video info too when switching but will stay visible always filled with teh content active (default would be the description).
I tried to do something like this myself - but obviously I'm to stupid to understand how these xml's work ... they never display what I expect them too ...

I want to keep the straight lines, and the text box is enough for my needs. The alternative could be that the text remains as it is and I add a button to open up a wider top menu, could that be something?

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you please fix this issue in OnlineVideos in your next release.

Version 1.5.0.0changed Skin Properties: #header.label -> #OnlineVideos.HeaderLabel / #header.image -> #OnlineVideos.HeaderImage

Funnily enough I've been looking at Online Videos xmls today and noticed the placeholders being visible.

Can you upload screenshots of the problems and I'll try and sort in the next few days.

I will upload the fix soon.

I'll leave you to it then.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I want to keep the straight lines, and the text box is enough for my needs. The alternative could be that the text remains as it is and I add a button to open up a wider top menu, could that be something?

Of course. This is where the whole discussion started ;) - arrow up leads to MP dying - originally this was the action opening a wider Top Menue.

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Does anyone have the same problem as me that when using "Music" and changing view to coverflow that MP hangs?

Screenshot_1.png

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Of course. This is where the whole discussion started ;) - arrow up leads to MP dying - originally this was the action opening a wider Top Menue.

End of discussion. ;) I set i up to the next release.[DOUBLEPOST=1362659359][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Does anyone have the same problem as me that when using "Music" and changing view to coverflow that MP hangs?

View attachment 123498

You are right. MP hangs in coverflow mode. I'll see if it is possible to fix

Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    All my music thumbs don't display at all :(
    I think it's an MP thing 'cos I had to completely recreate the DB...

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    All my music thumbs don't display at all :(
    I think it's an MP thing 'cos I had to completely recreate the DB...

Screenshots?

I'm beginning to think there's a problem between Fanart Handler and the xmls....I've had similar problems...latest one being no fanart showing for "user" scraped images.

Although, saying that, I seem to be cursed today....CPU fan playing up (sounds like a cow on heat)....removable hard drive completely wiped of data for no apparent reason....and lost all my TV channels. TFIF tomorrow!!!

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Time to grab that whiskey and watch the sunset ;)
    I had to rebuild my entire setup a few days back...
    I'm not really that worried about the lack of images (if you are wondering, when I choose 'Music' in the menu, the latest music have the 'X' images).

Quick question though - what's the backgrounds pack for on the 1st post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom