Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (4 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Something weird is up with this skin (for me). When I use StreamedMP, everything's fine, but with Avallonis, using the remote control is "laggy" (I don't have a better way to describe this, sorry) and I very often have file playback issues. I wonder if this skin eats up all system resources so that my GPU can't playback stuff? This mostly happens with HD videos (h264).

Am I alone in having these issues?
    Emph

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hm - it seems as the avalonis config breaks teh basichome.xml - but I can't figure out why (it also happens when i add some subitems to Plugins). I attache one working and one broken if anyone want's to take a look.

Avallon and Avalonis are two stand alone skins, so this problem should has another reason.. I see you didn't have the Avallon editor in you plugin screen? Only Avalonis? I think the best thing you can do is to do a fresh install of Avallon.. It should not interupt anything in your Avalonis installation..

Hm - I think we are speaking about two different issues - I have No Avalon installation - Avalonis only. This is what I dont get - If there would be another skin - yes - no question - but I only have Avalonis, Default and Default wide installed.

It sounds like the 2 skins are existing in the same folder - that would cause this issue.

As written before - only Avalonis is installed.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now, and as Micropolis has just released V1.0 final I thought I would post it now to get some feedback on suggestions / improvements.

This is still very much WIP and doesn't (almost) yet support graphical, hourly or history views.

I could never understand why the "condition" window showed only current +3 days forecast by default, so I've changed it to show current +4 days forecast.

Also, the "holidays / calender" window now shows all 5 user defined entries.

I'm also thinking of adding an extra button on the menu to show the latest up to date weather forecast videos from different providers. (is there a need?)

I've also included all "media" files including all weather images that I've reworked so as they are all at the same aspect ratio to avoid distorted images and having to modify skin files to suit.

P.S. Yes...a few images and text entries need adjusting but this is minor and is due to using a monitor that's not quite 1080. When I've sorted the other views I'll adjust for full 1080. Skin used 1.2.3 on Windows 7.

EDIT: All credit to Micropolis for a fantastic job.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      3.4 MB
    • Capture1.PNG
      Capture1.PNG
      4.3 MB
    • Capture2.PNG
      Capture2.PNG
      4.3 MB
    • Capture3.PNG
      Capture3.PNG
      3.7 MB
    • Capture4.PNG
      Capture4.PNG
      2.7 MB
    • Capture5.PNG
      Capture5.PNG
      4.1 MB
    • WW.zip
      8.3 MB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @kjegibbons @powermarcel10 @sweborn

Have some feature requests, hopefully one of you will see the merit in;

1. Fix the menu editor, if you select fanart movies (scraped) it currently shows fanart tvseries (scraped) in basic home.

2. Fix the links in basic home: latest media info for tv recordings

3. Increase the contrast between pale star vs dark star in moving pictures/my tvseries. At viewing distance from my tv, it's hard to see the difference clearly and also the stars are very small when viewed from the couch.

4. Moving Pictures/My TVSeries: Change to 10 star ratings or use half stars. Currently a movie with 7.4/10 has the same star rating as a movie with 5.5/10 (3 Stars)

Current view:
    01.jpg

Proposed View:

03.jpg

or
    02.jpg

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @kjegibbons @powermarcel10 @sweborn

Have some feature requests, hopefully one of you will see the merit in;
    1. Fix the menu editor, if you select fanart movies (scraped) it currently shows fanart tvseries (scraped) in basic home.
    2. Fix the links in basic home: latest media info for tv recordings
    3. Increase the contrast between pale star vs dark star in moving pictures/my tvseries. At viewing distance from my tv, it's hard to see the difference clearly and also the stars are very small when viewed from the couch.
    4. Moving Pictures/My TVSeries: Change to 10 star ratings or use half stars. Currently a movie with 7.4/10 has the same star rating as a movie with 5.5/10 (3 Stars)

Hi kiwijunglist,

1. Not quite sure what you mean...there isn't an option for tvseries (scraped) in the config. Screenshot?

2. Sceenshot?

3. Personally, I don't think it's worth changing contrast of the stars as this will affect other skins. I agree that they are faint but I think this is due to the background colour.

4. There is an option to switch between 5 and 10 star ratings in the TVSeries config but this doesn't seem to be supported by the skin. (Maybe @powermarcel10 could take a look) :) How about disabling "infos at the bottom of the screen"? This will show the ratings with a numerical value as well......Capture.PNG......Capture1.PNG

TVSeries doesn't have 10 star icons in its Media folder but if you want to have 10 star ratings for it I've attached these. I'm happy with the size of the icons but if you want to make yours larger adjust the sizes in the skin file to suit your needs by changing the x, y, width and height values in the skin file.

Attachments

• TVSeries.zip
      88.1 KB
    Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Go an odd one - in OnlineVideos and Info Service I have no white background - Is there an image missing somewhere?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Press Windows key
    Type user accounts
    Select user accounts at the top of the list
    4th option under make changes to your user account

(WIN7)