Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (4 Viewers)

sweborn

Extension Designer
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,​
I have been away from MP for two months. Been back a few weeks and now released four new versions of the LatestMediaHandle plugin. Have also released a new version of my xfactor skin. It has always been on my plans to release a new version of Avallonis and I have a version in development but it is going slow.​
I appreciate that the community wants to mod thins and that is great but the Avallonis is my MOD and the design is done by me. It is like any other skin. It is fine and I welcome all MODs but do that in the separate threads SpudR created so the official skin can get feedback and bug reports to it and not to community MODs.​
Please use the new thread for all the community MODs because the current Avallonis thread is growing out of order. I now see even that some users in that thread scream for me to hand over credits of my MOD to the community and that is a disgrace after all the time I spent on the skin.​
Please try to see my point here. I have spent hundreds of hours on Avallonis and want to be able to release a new version when ready. In the meantime let the community continue their GREAT work but do so in a separate thread AND to it as a THEME to Avallonis. The both my official version and the community version can coexist.​
You are NOT allowed to release a new version of Avallonis. You can create a THEME of the skin and put it in the Avallonis THEME folder and take full credits of that theme.​

regards​
cul8er​
I just got this message from @cul8er. And i'm very happy that he has not given up Avallonis. Keep up the good work. :)

Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Mine was a little different, but mainly the same.
    Glad it's not abandoned :)

I have removed my amendment to the 1st post at Cul8ers request...

Last edited:

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,​
    I have been away from MP for two months. Been back a few weeks and now released four new versions of the LatestMediaHandle plugin. Have also released a new version of my xfactor skin. It has always been on my plans to release a new version of Avallonis and I have a version in development but it is going slow.​
    I appreciate that the community wants to mod thins and that is great but the Avallonis is my MOD and the design is done by me. It is like any other skin. It is fine and I welcome all MODs but do that in the separate threads SpudR created so the official skin can get feedback and bug reports to it and not to community MODs.​
    Please use the new thread for all the community MODs because the current Avallonis thread is growing out of order. I now see even that some users in that thread scream for me to hand over credits of my MOD to the community and that is a disgrace after all the time I spent on the skin.​
    Please try to see my point here. I have spent hundreds of hours on Avallonis and want to be able to release a new version when ready. In the meantime let the community continue their GREAT work but do so in a separate thread AND to it as a THEME to Avallonis. The both my official version and the community version can coexist.​
    You are NOT allowed to release a new version of Avallonis. You can create a THEME of the skin and put it in the Avallonis THEME folder and take full credits of that theme.​

regards​
    cul8er​
    I just got this message from @cul8er. And i'm very happy that he has not given up Avallonis. Keep up the good work. :)
    Indeed it's great cul8er haven't abandoned this skin, i think its a great idea to put all your (and others) work in a 'different' theme setup. THis 'theme', is it something which stands 'alone'? That would be great, in that way cul8er can still receiver full credits for this skin and update this skin with new versions, and you guys can receive full credits for the theme.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ......Please use the new thread for all the community MODs because the current Avallonis thread is growing out of order. I now see even that some users in that thread scream for me to hand over credits of my MOD to the community and that is a disgrace after all the time I spent on the skin......

@cul8er

I don't think it's anybody's intention to steal your thunder, but to see the skin developed to it's full potential and to keep pace with developments with credit given where credit's due.

Personally, I think it's a shame that you have requested @SpudR to remove the link from page 1. As you have stated, this thread has grown out of order and any steps taken to administer the thread into it's relevant component parts can only be a good thing for all parties. Surely the link on page 1 can be reinstated with different wording directing users to the correct thread for community mods? This would keep your forum clear and keep all us Avallonis enthusiasts happy being able to easily keep up to speed with community mods. I'm pretty sure that Avallonis would have a much bigger following apart from the fact that many users feel that at the moment it is virtually impossible to know that one has the latest version/updates/mods.

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    I'm not seeing the colour coding in the TV Guide......

Capture.PNG

I'm presuming this is because I'm grabbing the listings directly from Terrestrial Freeview card and not from a web EPG grabber.

Can anyone confirm this?

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got a fix for sub downloads. Will post the xml when I get home.

Attachments

• SubCentral.Search.xml
      8 KB
    Last edited:

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here's the fix for top/precise match visuals when using subcentral.[DOUBLEPOST=1358980912][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm not seeing the colour coding in the TV Guide......

I'm presuming this is because I'm grabbing the listings directly from Terrestrial Freeview card and not from a web EPG grabber.

Can anyone confirm this?

Colouring works, can't give you screen proof right now. I tried it and didn't like it. EPG looks messy and was harder to read with all the colours.

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ......Colouring works, can't give you screen proof right now. I tried it and didn't like it. EPG looks messy and was harder to read with all the colours......

I thought it might do...some of the colours look a bit lairy...but wanted to see it for myself. Probably better off without.[DOUBLEPOST=1358982772][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I got a fix for sub downloads. Will post the xml when I get home.

Polite request...can you either post or put a link in the community mods thread...that way it should get included in the next release and not lost in the ether. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom