Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (2 Viewers)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a very hard time reading the fonts in MP-TV Series after the latest update. White for unwatched, light blue for watched? On a light gray background that's very hard to read. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Emph

Yeah you need to open the Avallonis editor and select white skin again as your viewing the blue themes font same as I was. It seems to merge the two themes after an update because the editor defaults to blue..

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks. That works. But at least the menu editor now acknowledges that something other than Blue can be chosen. The first version with the white theme always had Blue marked whenever I entered the menu editor.

Great job, cul8er, a lovely, lovely looking skin.
    Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Furthermore a short comment on Avallonis (cul8er):
    We asked him several times if he would like to work together with us to improve Avalon. Unfortunately he decided to work alone on a Mod instead. That`s really sad because we could put all ideas together to make a great skin. And with the new upcomming functions in the skin engine (MP 1.3) we could offer multiple themes in one skin. So Cul8er, you are still very much welcome to join the team

Hi All,

Due to this remark, I'm no longer sure the Avalon team wants me to continue this MOD so I have decided to stop all activity on the Avallonis MOD until I know what's the purpose on this comment. This is all very surprising to me as the team has previously wished me good luck in creating this MOD but perhaps things has changed. Anyway I need to know so I don't do stuff not in the liking of the Avalon team.

EDIT;
    Thanks Avalon Team for clearing things up (both in this thread and in the PMs). I reacted strongly as this was an item in the same thread where you mentioned you lost motivation after some community reactions. I just wanted to make sure my MOD wasn't responsible for you loosing motivation because in that case I would stop this MOD in a second. Keep up the amazing work!

Regards
    cul8er

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Markus

I don`t t know what motives now made ​​to the decision to take but can assure you that you're not the reason.
    We are open for every SkinMods and find it very good when other User try to skinning the Avalon. The Mainreason was some Comments from certain Users and the health of Joost.

It would be nice if we could work together on a project to create a beautiful skin, that was what did Nico will say.

Please go ahead with your work and do not punish your fans. Hopefully I was able to clear the misunderstandings of the way and the next Version can comes.;)

Greetz Dennis

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All,

Due to this remark, I'm no longer sure the Avalon team wants me to continue this MOD so I have decided to stop all activity on the Avallonis MOD until I know what's the purpose on this comment. This is all very surprising to me as the team has previously wished me good luck in creating this MOD but perhaps things has changed. Anyway I need to know so I don't do stuff not in the liking of the Avalon team.

Regards
    cul8er

Dude what I think they are saying is, they would rather you join them than create a whole new skin. I think you should consider it as you seem to pump out more updates and fixes. Then we might end up with one completed skin with many themes.

Regards

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Cul8er,

First ... many many thanks for your effort. The skin is amazing. Please go ahead for updates ....

Yesterday i had the time, to test the skin. So clean Install of 1.0.5. If have found some small "problems", but can´t provide any screenshots at this moment. Hopefully i can describe it properly.

[1] Basic Home [Music]

I did not edited the Music Tab. So "Now Playing" and "Playlist" are in the sub-menu. Last MediaHandler works, an i can see on the right site, the latest added Music. But if i only scroll to the music tab, my left site is only white. There are no pictures shown. Only if i go down to the latest Music and scroll left or right over the items, the left site show the backdrops/fan-arts of the artist. So i´m not sure if this is wanted, or if this is possible to show random backdrops only when selecting music ?

[2] Settings

I can not change Trailer to IMDB or something else. Neither via inbound Settings nor via Editor. It´s still Apple

[3] Basic Home [Pictures]

As default on the left site the "default" picture from the FanartHandler shows a bridge and a tower. I have changed this to a single picture ( i think Default_Pictures ). After this i deleted the Cache folder and started MediaPortal again. Now i see my selected picture, but if i move left to the next item i can see the towerpicture again. It shines throw my selected picture for a very short time. I have now disabled the picture in the FanartHandler ... so now it does not shine. But i dont understand the behavior.

[4] TV Guide

If i change the TV Guide to use 10 rows, the Channel icon are covered ( behind ) the last lines of the guide. So the layout for the background is the same as this with 8 lines. I´m not sure if this is changeable, but would be great if it would be changeable ;)

[5] Mini TV Guide

While opening MiniEPG Guide during watching TV, The selected item are highlighted with white. That is fine and looks good. But during scrolling
    sometimes the highlighted white are limping behind. The performance of my HTPC should be o.k. ( i3 / 4GB ). So i´m not if this is a MediaPortal related problem or a Skin problem.

Hopefully it makes sense to you. If not i can provide some screenshoots.

Regards,
    Daniel

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi Cul8er,
    [5] Mini TV Guide

While opening MiniEPG Guide during watching TV, The selected item are highlighted with white. That is fine and looks good. But during scrolling
    sometimes the highlighted white are limping behind. The performance of my HTPC should be o.k. ( i3 / 4GB ). So i´m not if this is a MediaPortal related problem or a Skin problem.

I noticed this last night but was getting late so didn't post it. Happens to me also. Sometimes its ok, maybe 3 or 4 moves either up or down but then get 1 or 2 lags between item highlighting and the font colour catching up and turning white.
    Doesn't seem to happen in other menus though, just the miniEPG.

Also I have noticed on the popup overlay image for menu's like pressing information twice while watching live TV (I use my mediacenter remote I'm not sure what the actual shortcut is) which produces a speech bubble type overlay.. The tail at the bottom of the speech bubble is still blue (left over from blue theme?) whilst the menu background / overlay is grey. I'll get a screen shot when I get home.

20-05-44.png Blue tail on menu

Thanks! and hope you keep up the updates as I've not found another skin to rival this white theme!!

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [6] Standby

After standby and resume the menu is stile visible. The normal default skin don´t show this after resume.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    As an update I am actually seeing the menu lag in other places. Worse in miniEPG but happens in Recorded TV screen and to a lesser extent in Moving Pictures when scrolling fast.

Thanks! Please keep up the excellent work, your efforts make me love my MePo setup a little bit more with each update :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello Cul8er!

Any chnace that MyAnime2 will be supported soon? I have MyAniem3 running - but it has lot of viewing options not avalible which I use in the "old" version - so having this migrated would be great!

THX in Advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom