Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi cul8er

Great update, prefer the new look TV section, much easier to pick out items.

The blue background on the weather screens still seems a bit out of context, if time permits I will look myself on how to change it...

@sukceso

If using WorldWeather you might see a lot of changes needed, not just colour ;)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With TV Info I would prefer to see the Programm description directly, without need to push "up".

Is it possible to modify or add an option for the "Info Screen" (Information/Text of current programm) of TV, so it's allways expanded?

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With TV Info I would prefer to see the Programm description directly, without need to push "up".
    Is it possible to modify or add an option for the "Info Screen" (Information/Text of current programm) of TV, so it's allways expanded?

If you do something about that, please make it optional. That's a prime example for personal preference. I also had an

[IDEA] for Video OSD
    When pressing up in Video OSD you get to the additional Info. Idea is to introduce a direct jump to the minimalistic progress bar at the bottom when pressing down.

Some bugs I found in my first days with Avallonis, some of them might be inherited from Avalon. W7 MP 1.2.2 White Theme.

[BUG] No highlighting in (non-basic) home
    Current item in list of myhome.xml is not highlighted. While the correct background image/fanart is shown, the actual item is the first one dropping out at the bottom of the list and thereby hidden.

[BUG] Subcentral exact match not visible when selected
    When searching for a subtitle with Subcentral plugin from TVSeries (or MovingPictures i guess) and an exact match for the file is found, the font of the selected match is not shown, just the background.

[BUG] Music section hidden menu maximized
    Whenever I enter the Music section, the hidden menu is shown and the Artist View is selected. Artist View is empty if you haven't created a DB like me. Shares View should be default here and hidden menu hidden.

[BUG] Setting changes within MP result in fallback to Blue Theme fonts
    Whenever you make a change within MPs SkinSettings menu, Avallonis seems to fall back to Blue Theme (font) colors. You have to run Avallonis Editor again, choose the (white) theme and save again.

Thanks for your great work cul8er

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

Well there were more votes for the timeline view as the default, which I way prefer, as already know the info on the program I'm watching and just need the how far viewing time left.

When pressing up in Video OSD you get to the additional Info. Idea is to introduce a direct jump to the minimalistic progress bar at the bottom when pressing down

Well for me going back to having just the timeline seen, really seems pointless, I'd rather backout as is the current method, why would you want to do that, as I cannot think of any reason atm.

Regards

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi,

I think I know what has happened.

1. You had the White theme and was using v1.0.4.0
    2. You applied the patch
    3. You have not run the editor and selected the white theme again....

The problem is that in the patch the blue files was default so they have replace your white color scheme. Please run the editor again and choose white color and all should be ok. I will see if I can make the patch a little more intelligent next time so it reads what theme you are using.

cheers
    cul8er

Hi,

Sorry :) I did exactly what you described above when I upgraded so I will re-run the editor when I get home and have another play with it :) I was quite surprised to see the new results.. I thought you had gone mad haha.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well there were more votes for the timeline view as the default, which I way prefer, as already know the info on the program I'm watching and just need the how far viewing time left.

well, bad luck... :(

Me (and my wife) often switch to a program and want to know the Details (especially if it's a reportage or kind of news show). I will try to use/copy the Avallon file TVOSD.xml, hopefully it won't have any (relevant) side effects...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    well, bad luck... :(

Me (and my wife) often switch to a program and want to know the Details (especially if it's a reportage or kind of news show). I will try to use/copy the Avallon file TVOSD.xml, hopefully it won't have any (relevant) side effects...

I've never really liked the whole OSD. I find the overlay (once pressed right) to be too large and the font size feels too large also. I'd rather see a half height overlay appear, with a smaller font and scrolling if needed. I suppose I really ought to find the time to learn some XML.. I'd also like to try out how it feels with the program info automatically displayed, not sure if it would become annoying or not until I've had chance to try.

If you do make some mods, I'd be interested in trying them also if you would like to share the files.

Thanks.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    great skin !!!

I have two questions:
    Question about picture section:
    Is it possible to confige the homescreen to show a random picture out of my picture db when selecting the picture menue item? For me it always show the millenium bridge in london.

Fritz!Box plugin:
    In default wide skin the call-list shows icons for incomming calls, outgoing calls or missed calls. In Avalonis I can only see the digits and the calltime. Is it possible to change this?

BR,
    Megahorst

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you do something about that, please make it optional. That's a prime example for personal preference. I also had an
    [BUG] Setting changes within MP result in fallback to Blue Theme fonts
    Whenever you make a change within MPs SkinSettings menu, Avallonis seems to fall back to Blue Theme (font) colors. You have to run Avallonis Editor again, choose the (white) theme and save again.

Hi,

Thanks for your report. Can you please describe step by step how you do to get this result as I have a hard time reproducing this issue.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    [BUG] Music section hidden menu maximized
    Whenever I enter the Music section, the hidden menu is shown and the Artist View is selected. Artist View is empty if you haven't created a DB like me. Shares View should be default here and hidden menu hidden.

Hi,

This is configurable in the menu editor. It now has a "hyperlink" to the AlbumArtist view. You can change it to open SharesView in the editor.

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom