Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (3 Viewers)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After copying NLog the Editor works. So maybe you rely on things that other Skins provide?

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks again for this awesome mod, cul8er (and team avalon)!

My wife likes our HTPC and usually just accepts changes without comments. But when I changed the theme to Avallonis white, she was extremely pleased and expressed her joy about your very professional and calm new design.

G.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Possible, I don't have plugins except WorldWeather (and now LMH & FH) on this one yet. So your plugin will fail if MovingPictures (or TV Series) is not installed.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mbuzina,

Can you please give the attached version a test run and see if the dependency is gone.

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• AvallonisEditor.rar
      28.5 KB

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, you really are fast. Dependency is gone now, it works fine. I just tried config for now, I guess it doesn't do anything when MP runs.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi cul8er!

Thanks for new version! Unfortunately i have an odd issue with 1.0.9.0: Movingpichtures doesn't work here -> Error.log ->

Code:
    2012-03-19 17:13:37.194971 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:System.InvalidOperationException: Die Auflistung wurde geändert. Der Enumerationsvorgang kann möglicherweise nicht ausgeführt werden.
      bei System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
      bei Cornerstone.Tools.BackgroundProcessManager.CancelProcess(Type processType)
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MoviePlayer.Play(DBMovieInfo movie, Int32 part)
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.playSelectedMovie()
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
      bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

A reinstall of moving pictures solved the issue!
    Best regards
    Helios

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm loving this skin, thanks Cul8er for your hard work!

Can I make a suggestion? Would it be possible to make the tv screen slightly bigger abd shift the now playing to the right?

There's a lot of unused space bottom left on the tv guide.. (see attached pic)

Thanks!

Untitled-1.png

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    View attachment 100874
    I have run into a snag.

After some time of inactivity (usually coming back from screen blanking), the Menu on Basic Home disappeared, Presently I am stuck in the Latest episodes block of Series and cannot exit to the menu, with neither the keyboard or mouse navigation until the mouse reaches the left side of the screen (as I now type), then the exit menu un-hides and the Menu appears., then I can navigate with the keyboard to the Menu.

also ... something must be done about fanart background cropping ... I can't think of a solution, right off, though. (See pic attached)

Chuck

edit: on the above inactivity issue, a possible condition: If the mouse is inadvertently moved and activates the info block (maybe hovering over the covers momentarily) and the Menu is no longer in focus, the menu then disappears and it is not possible to exit the info block without hovering the mouse pointer over the left side of screen to activate the exit menu.

10-09-16.png
    12-02-01.png

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi great update! Much better TV guide now, could even sneak 11 or 12 rows in now :p

I have noticed an inactivity thing also..

If you open the TV Guide, and leave it highlighting a program, as time passes and then the current position overlay moves to the right (the arrows and transparent bar spanning the tv listings) the hightlight on the currently highlighted program disapears. Is this normal MePo behavior or skin controlled?

Thanks!

Regarding the request above for a larger PIP of now playing, I agree it looks a little small now, but I have another issue with longer channel names can overlap the program info as it doesn't seem to be bounded. So If the PIP is made bigger and the now playing moves right, I think the program info would have to shift right a little to compensate also.
    Or the now playing is put in a control that is a fixed width and scrolls if the text is wider than the boundary.
    EDIT:
    Actually might not be such an issue as the new design layout has the channel icon higher than the now playing (my overlap issues where with the now playing overlapping the channel icon) so would probably fit under it.. but would still be nice to be a fixed maximum width so as not to be able to overlap anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom