Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (2 Viewers)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess thats a Latest Media Handler issue since StreamedMP uses its own code to display recently added movies/tvseries.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ahh.. didn't realise it was a plugin that did the latest media! Thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look into it :)

mohawk

Portal Member
    August 8, 2006
    Germany
    Hi,
    i have started working on the mvCentral Layout since it don't fit to the rest of the skin when using the no info style. Since i installed the newest version of mvCentral this morning before i went to work, i noticed all these new features and labels so i decided to start over again but the more i look at these .xml files the more i get confused. Allthough i don't use things like albums or thumb view (i prefer list view) i will try to do the whole package (i hope).
    I started doing this for myself because i didn't want to bug cul8er with my personal desires, but if someone is interrested i will post the files when i'm done.
    However doing this really opend my eyes on what effort all skinners (and of course programmers ) but into MP and i want to thank all again for there time.

So long...

Attachments

• mvCentra-artist-info.jpg
      mvCentra-artist-info.jpg
      221 KB
    • mvCentra-artist-videos.jpg
      mvCentra-artist-videos.jpg
      192.4 KB
    • mvCentra-main-screen.jpg
      mvCentra-main-screen.jpg
      185.6 KB
    • mvCentra-playing.jpg
      mvCentra-playing.jpg
      260.7 KB
    • mvCentra-video-info.jpg
      mvCentra-video-info.jpg
      177.6 KB

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Live TV Bug?

Can anyone verify that they have this issue. When entering the Live TV menu, and toggling the "TV On" button. I do not see any video in the TV preview screen (Just hear the Audio). Once I highlight the TV Preview screen and select it, the Video comes up. If I also Click on the "Live TV" button from the MCE remote the same issue occurs. Thanks for any input, and thank you for this skin. I've grown to love this skin, and it keeps getting better. Thank you for all of the hard work.

Does this happen with any other skin, as I cannot reproduce, using LAV cuvid and M$ filters for testing, might be a tsreader issue, are you using the one supplied with MP1.2.2 install.

Thanks for the reply. Oddly after some testing, this occurs on one of my HTPC's and not the other. The one with the issue, this does not occur using the default wide skin. The Audio/Video comes right up when toggling. Both machines are using the same version of TSreader which was included with 1.2.2. Since this issue doesn't occur on your machine or my other machine, that concludes that it has to be something on my end. I'm going to try and uninstall and reinstall Avalonis and see if it corrects the issue. Thanks for helping out.

UPDATE: After switching back to Avalonis from Default Wide this issue disappeared. So I'm not sure what exactly happened but it is working correct now. Thanks.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have another question...

If I add a tv series or a movie to my media shares, then moving pictures or MP-TV series picks them up, but they don't update in the skin (recently added) until I restart..

In StreamedMP they would update in real time without a restart.

Am I missing a configuration option or something?
    Hi,

This sounds strange. On my PC it is updated within seconds without restart. What version of MovingPicture and TVSeries are you using?

best regards
    cul8er

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Well.. I don't know if the skin installs latestmediahandler?

I hadn't installed it myself, so I installed it tonight.

I suspect that was the issue.. I'm used to StreamedMP which installs all the required plugins also!

Using latest Moving Pictures & MP-TV series btw!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Three small improvement ideas:
    1. The Home Submenu should indicate if it has Submenu items while latest media is shown. A little triangle to the left
    2. going to the right when in the Submenu / latest media should go to the next menu and not be a dead end
    3. Latest Media selected info is visible with placeholder text if no latest media is available (at least for TV series, I guess it is the same everywhere). Is not common I guess, but could be hidden if nothing is selected.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I also have an issue with some 4:3 channels (VH1 etc - UK channels) - I have TV client set to stretch, but with Avallonis skin the 4:3 channels end up in a tiny box in the middle of the screen.

With StreamedMP, then the 4:3 channel fills the screen. I can post a screenshot tonight if required..

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, you really are fast. Dependency is gone now, it works fine. I just tried config for now, I guess it doesn't do anything when MP runs.

Hmm, I should have tested a bit more, as soon as I click on a home module in the editor the dependancy rears its head and config crashes again. Sorry not to have checked that earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom