Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (4 Viewers)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi cul8er

I should have done that, you are right. The dependency is gone now even when editing. Does this version solve the now playing issue reported earlier? It looks like it, even though it does not show VU meters.
    Hi,

Thanks for your fast update. The now playing issue is resolved. I did however decide that VU meters did not look good in this skin so I do not show them.

cheers
    cul8er

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx for the info. I will see if I can include the LED VU in the NowPlaying screen instead of the fake analyzer gif (I don't like that one much). I might get to that tomorrow.

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did however decide that VU meters did not look good in this skin so I do not show them.

Agreed.

I tested 1.1.0.0 and posted some bugs on Google Code.

I think you should be more consistent with the way you handle background fanarts and transparency of the overlays throughout the different sections. I like it the most in basic home with solid list/submenus and a big portion of the fanart shown.

Not sure whether it's a leftover from experimenting, but I like it least in TV Series List View with transparent list and bottom. When a dark fanart is shown you can clearly see the rectangle of the overlayed fanart. Why the bottom at all then? Since the list has such a prominent position it could as well be solid throughout the skin. There's even less need for list transparency if you size the fanart like in basichome.

Overall there's still somewhat of a crowded feel, which you seem to try to counter with introducing transparencies. Have you thought about cutting the list height in half and moving it to the bottom right? The content which is at the bottom right now, mostly names, could as well be placed in the header between section name and clock.

Thanks for your work!

Jammyz

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello Cul8er
    I tried yesterday the white version .. and it is very beautifull

great job !!!

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've been using Avalon for a while and I thought I'd give Avallonis a go tonight, as I especially wanted to try out the white theme. However the installer always fails, I've tried 1.1.0.0 and also 1.0.9.0. Both stall near the end of the installation. See attached screenshots.

avallonis_1.0.9.0_err.PNGavallonis_1.1.0.0_err.PNG

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

I've been using Avalon for a while and I thought I'd give Avallonis a go tonight, as I especially wanted to try out the white theme. However the installer always fails, I've tried 1.1.0.0 and also 1.0.9.0. Both stall near the end of the installation. See attached screenshots.

This is a bug of the mp-installer when the skin tries to install fonts and another process is blocking it. I've had this problem too and took a look at the task managers process table and closed all the processes that are save to close and suddenly the installation finished as it should (for me it was a process related to my audio drivers system tray icon). this is not the skins fault and the bug should be closed in the new mp 1.2.3.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Actually it's not the installer in the 1.1.0.0. release - it's a problem with that specific .png not being recognised as a proper format.

If you are feeling brave try this...
    Change the extension of the .mpe1 to .zip
    Extract all files to a folder
    Find the offending .png and open in a paint package (I used Photoshop) - it should warn that there is info that needs to be ignored.
    Save the .png back to the original filename
    Rezip the folder (making sure that the files are in the root of the .zip)
    Rename to .mpe1 and bob is your proverbial uncle!

I flagged this already though and I guess the main man is on it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom